ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Grinding gears when hot

Clio ph2 172
Hi everyone!

So my Clio 172 started to grind gears (more) when it's hot, where i live has been like +40°C
On the morning it shifts normally, just when very hot or when the engine is very hot, i have a PMS shifter, maybe the heat from the exhaust?

Thanks!

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
When was the last oil change? For the sake of 3ltrs of gear oil I would give it a refresh, perhaps even a flush.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Think it meets both specs?

If you've fitted a different shifter surely looking at the alignment of the shifter linkage is a good place to start?

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
If you've fitted the shifter 2 years ago then it wont be that, if you've changed the box oil recently then it will likely be that

Most box oils that say they do both GL4 and GL5 typically don't and just ruin the brass synchros.

Clio ph2 172
Before the oil change it was doing the same, with the new oil it started to become better but still does some grinding
I just bought another gearbox, going to see if it gets better.

First im going to see if the alignment os fine, maybe it slipped