ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Grinding noise when lifting off

Clio Sport 182 FF
Have a 182, every time I let of the accelerator and touch it instantly hear a grinding/whining noise in the engine. Any help would be great

Clio Sport 182 FF
Doesn't do it when parked
Can't really hear in the video,
If I put in neutral whilst moving, then clutch down gear 3 I can hear a grind before it goes into gear. No crunch though

Check your alternator is on tight and isnt about to fall off and secured on with two bolts.....something I wished I had done.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
That sounds like the gearbox starting to go. Had the same noise on my lupo for about 5k before it went bad.

markfishy

ClioSport Trader
  So many but not mine
Hello Aaron, How long has it been making the noise?
Does the noise relate to road speed? Or engine speed?
Is it the same in each gear.
I am open at 8.30 am Saturday, give me a call if I can help
Regards mark 01279 431628
logging off now.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Sounds Diff/Gearbox related fo'sho

Start by dropping the box oil and check its condition... Especially look for any signs of the box failing internally in the oil.

Focus RS + S3
My 182 was making this noise and it got louder until you couldnt ignore anymore, it was the diff in mine im afraid

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
We've done a few this month alone - sometimes an oil change can quieten down an aged bearing but if it's been abused consistently for years without oil changes or with old/low oil then it'll be a box rebuild fo'sho