ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GROUP N REMAP

MattRS182

ClioSport Club Member
  #3 PH2 172 Flamer
what is a group n remap by this RsTuner company? someone care to explain? thanks

Flame Red 172
It remaps your current ECU settings to a different set of settings which basically makes it go faster and rev higher.

BHP diff - Not much.. maybe 7bhp?

I have it done and it drives a lot smoother and Revs right up to 7800 rpm.

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
Its a generic term used by renault of upgraded software/hardware i believe for the renault sport series of cars. Almost like a product name.

Renault clio mk2
Group N is a category of a rally car like group A,GroupB,etc...to run to one of these category there are some specifications(cc,HP,exhaust,ari flow,Cams,FSE Boost valves,etc) from FIA to approve your vehical to run in to one of this categories...that ' s why you will see from exhausts named Group N to Cams and reprogramming Chips...

Last edited:
  A ANIMAL
Group N is a category of a rally car like group A,GroupB,etc...to run to one of these category there are some specifications(cc,HP,exhaust,ari flow,Cams,FSE Boost valves,etc) from FIA to approve your vehical to run in to one of this categories...that ' s why you will see from exhausts named Group N to Cams and reprogramming Chips...

Although i think you will find 'Group N' in this case has nothing to do with rally - it's just a product name

Renault clio mk2

Although i think you will find 'Group N' in this case has nothing to do with rally - it's just a product name

has nothing to do???please if it is only a product name explain us from where the characterization "Group N" was been birth?.....

refering to this-give us your explanation-:

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"In relation to motorsport governed by the FIA, Group N refers to a set of regulations providing 'standard' production vehicles for competition, often referred to as the "Showroom Class".
This contrasts with the Group A all-out competition production-derived vehicles. Group N cars are limited in terms of modifications made from standard specification. Group N was introduced by the FIA in 1982 to replace the outgoing Group 1 as "standard touring cars".
The range of modifications allowed is quite narrow - few mechanical engine modifications are allowed (save for lightening within set limits and baffled sumps) although the choice of ECU is free, and this can liberate some extra power itself, and most of the modifications allowed are to promote longevity rather than increased performance, although the boundaries of these two areas are blurring. Furthermore, cars with forced induction engines are fitted with a restrictor in front of the charger to limit power. [1]
Originally, Group N meant that all the interior trim had to be present (including the rear seat), whereas this has now changed to allow removal of the trim aside from the dashboard and replacement of the door trim. The springs and dampers are free, as are the internals of the gearbox, providing that the homologated gear ratios and gearchange pattern are respected. This allows the use of 'dog' engagement gearboxes, providing quicker gearchanges and longer gearbox life. There is provision for strengthening of the suspension components and bodyshell, providing this doesn't alter the operating principle.
The FIA and many national motorsport associations are moving towards making rallying championships based in Group N, in an attempt to reduce costs, reinforce the link between motorsport and the car that the member of the public drives, and to reduce the environmental impact of motorsport."

A ANIMAL

has nothing to do???please if it is only a product name explain us from where the characterization "Group N" was been birth?.....

refering to this-give us your explanation-:

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"In relation to motorsport governed by the FIA, Group N refers to a set of regulations providing 'standard' production vehicles for competition, often referred to as the "Showroom Class".
This contrasts with the Group A all-out competition production-derived vehicles. Group N cars are limited in terms of modifications made from standard specification. Group N was introduced by the FIA in 1982 to replace the outgoing Group 1 as "standard touring cars".
The range of modifications allowed is quite narrow - few mechanical engine modifications are allowed (save for lightening within set limits and baffled sumps) although the choice of ECU is free, and this can liberate some extra power itself, and most of the modifications allowed are to promote longevity rather than increased performance, although the boundaries of these two areas are blurring. Furthermore, cars with forced induction engines are fitted with a restrictor in front of the charger to limit power. [1]
Originally, Group N meant that all the interior trim had to be present (including the rear seat), whereas this has now changed to allow removal of the trim aside from the dashboard and replacement of the door trim. The springs and dampers are free, as are the internals of the gearbox, providing that the homologated gear ratios and gearchange pattern are respected. This allows the use of 'dog' engagement gearboxes, providing quicker gearchanges and longer gearbox life. There is provision for strengthening of the suspension components and bodyshell, providing this doesn't alter the operating principle.
The FIA and many national motorsport associations are moving towards making rallying championships based in Group N, in an attempt to reduce costs, reinforce the link between motorsport and the car that the member of the public drives, and to reduce the environmental impact of motorsport."

They just use it as a name mate it has no technical relivence Group N rally - your aboce logic would mean people have to take out the interior trim to use this map. I'm sure if it's really that much of an issue for you RS Tuner will respond to a PM.

Megane 225
A group n remap is part of the process used during the setup of a group n rally car. It doesn't mean the whole car needs setup for rallying to use this map, although doing the minimal engine mods allowed to a group n car will allow the map to work better!

A ANIMAL
But the OP asked what the RS Tuner group n remap was - which i am pretty sure has nothing to do with group n rally as the question has been asked before - i'm not trying to be pedantic BTW. The Group n remap from RS Tuner is just a generic remap for renault sport clios.

Renault clio mk2
A group n remap is part of the process used during the setup of a group n rally car. It doesn't mean the whole car needs setup for rallying to use this map, although doing the minimal engine mods allowed to a group n car will allow the map to work better!

the hole misunderstood was about the characterism "GROUP N" and nothing more...why when we say group N refers to a specificate product which related with the FIAs meaning of the term GroupN!I puted down the "meaning" of Group N just for the story...it is good to now and learn things about rally!at least I can not call myself or someone else a rally fan without nowing the regulations and the parties of FIAs!

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
"whole", "misunderstood" "specificate" "puted", "now" and "nowing" etc etc...

In all seriousness, wikipedia has a whole ot of made up rubbish on it, dont take it all as gospel even if in this case it might be true.