ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Matched Inlets worth doing along with group n timing ?

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
Is it worth getting this done to mine prior to getting group n timing and map at Efi ?

Anything else worth doing along side it ? Running a miltek and decat.

TheCAB

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Cup 172
Group N timing on its own will give a slight increase in bhp so every little helps as they say.

I've seen some very optimistic claims for bhp increase due to fitting matched inlets. In reality don't think any minor increase gained (if any!) is worth the effort and cost. Then again its not my money!

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
They're relatively cheap to do, and there aren't many good VFM mods for the engine.

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
Does getting the throttle body enlarged have any proven gains ? I'm just wondering if i should be doing all this prior to mapping to get maximum gains or is it just an extra waste. Also lower inlet RS stamped any difference if getting ported ?

plees

ClioSport Club Member
  S/C Iceberg 172 Cup
No difference in lower inlet if getting it ported.
I’ve always been under the impression that the throttle body is a gimmick but happy to be told otherwise!