ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Group N timing

Clio Sport 182
Hi Guys,

Unfortunately lunched my high comp engine in the race car. Going to drop in a stock engine for now and planned to Group N time. Unfortunately Australia Post has lost the Group N timing tool so I'm left a little short as planning to put the engine in tomorrow!

So, does anyone know the specs for group N timing (if sensitive feel free to PM me). Reading suggests 5-6 deg advance on inlet and 4 deg r****d on exhaust but would like to confirm. Really appreciate someones assistance!

Pic of car when it was going attached.

Thanks!
Cam
0cbc4f3a7e75250106e5d0484bb43ec7.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Clio Sport 182
Before the next race! Currently running a motec mapped for the old high comp, big cams engine on E85. Idles surprisingly well!!

Thanks again for your assistance!

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
Before the next race! Currently running a motec mapped for the old high comp, big cams engine on E85. Idles surprisingly well!!

Thanks again for your assistance!

Cool, they tend to go very lean on mid range with group N so be careful!

Do you run bigger injectors?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clio Sport 182
Cool, they tend to go very lean on mid range with group N so be careful!

Do you run bigger injectors?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All good. It's on Megane injectors as it was running about 230hp on E85 and pretty lairy cams - miles of injector left (probably too much!).

172 phase 1
Also seen another claim in a forum group that group n timing is 7 degrees and 7 degree?? which is right or best if doinv this 7&7 or 6&4?

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Hi is this 6 degrees of crank rotation on the intake and 4 degrees r****d or crank on the exhaust?
The degrees are measured at the cam. When you use the standard timing tool, they sit level. When you use the Grp n tool, the inlet advances 6 degs in angle from the straight position and the exhaust does the opposite.

The crank doesn’t move from the locked position.

172 phase 1
The degrees are measured at the cam. When you use the standard timing tool, they sit level. When you use the Grp n tool, the inlet advances 6 degs in angle from the straight position and the exhaust does the opposite.

The crank doesn’t move from the locked position.
Thank you for clearing that up for me, makes sense now being the cams are floating that the rotation can all be done without any adjustment of crank.. I just couldn't figure what point of refrance was being used for this mod "cam degrees" or "crank degrees" of change thanks for clearing that up 😊 real star 👌. Can't find anywhere that makes or sells a group n timing tool so less you can advise somewhere I'll have to mod up my timing wheel 2mor to make it fit both the cams with the standard timing tool fitted to get a 0 point of refrance to then do the adjustment from.

172 phase 1
Can you do these timing tweeks and run it on the standard map or do you need remap to use it? I realise you won't get the max from it without remap but is I safe to use as is?