ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Growler's Dodge Caliber - Enhancement Detail!

Megane R26
Growler (member here on CS) asked me to take a look at his Dodge Caliber for him, mainly with the aim of deswirling it...

Aim of the day here was to give this Dodge Caliber a bit of love. It was an ex demo car, so had been a little neglected wash wise, and was covered in swirls and holograms, which were seriously robbing the car of its potential finish wise.

A few befores:

P1020662.jpg

P1020663.jpg

P1020664.jpg

I started off with G101 on the arches and tyres, then Smart Wheels on the wheels.

I was surprised at the amount of tar of the wheels, so I used Tardis to shift this:

P1020666.jpg

However, it was still suffering from what I assume is brake dust pitting, something which I wasn't able to deal with on the day

P1020667.jpg

Next up, the car was snow foamed with Autosmart Autowash:

P1020668.jpg

Washed with Megs Shampoo Plus, then clayed with AS Reglaze and Swissvax Paint Rubber:

P1020670.jpg

Surprisingly bad for such a new car!!

Next I rewashed with Shampoo Plus, dried with Uber towels, then began to assess the paintwork.

It showed an average of 200 microns very consistently all over. I knew that the paint was relatively soft, so I decided to try Lime Prime via Rotary on a 3M polishing pad first.

Before:

P1020671.jpg

P1020672.jpg

To this!!

P1020675.jpg

P1020674.jpg

Not bad for a paint cleanser! I upped my pressure a little for the following passes, and achieved about 95% correction, with only a couple of deeper scratches remaining (as you can see in the pics)

This was followed up with:

- Planet Polish WS&S on the wheels
- Pinnacle Onyx on the tyres
- 3M Foaming Glass Cleaner on the glass
- 303 Protectant on the plastics
- 2 Layers of Swissvax Onyx on the paintwork

A few afters:

P1020681.jpg

P1020686.jpg

P1020687.jpg

P1020690.jpg

P1020692.jpg

P1020696.jpg

P1020697.jpg

P1020700.jpg

P1020707.jpg

P1020699.jpg

Thanks for reading :)

Russ.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Fcuking terrible car, but a good bit of cleaning/correction there sir!

Clio1.2, Dodge Caliber
Thanks for all your hard work yesterday Russ, much appreciated and the car looks so much better now :D

Megane R26
Thanks for all your hard work yesterday Russ, much appreciated and the car looks so much better now :D

You are more than welcome, thanks for your hospitality :)

I'll send that PM later/tomorrow with what you need to maintain it with.

Cheers,
Russ.

Audi A4 AVANT 1.9TDi
Looks good that, Russ. I had a Limeprime enhancment yesterday on a 997 turbo - LP has it days, others, it can be a little tricky! End up working it sometimes aslong as I would a proper compound.. :dapprove:

Nice new R26 there mate too!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I actually quite like the caliber.

Nice work as always Russ.