ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Grr cant decide on seats..

MKIII 138
i now drive a 172cup the seats are comfortable but hidious to look at, in fact i didnt think id be bothered eveyone who`s sat in them say there comfier than the MKII172 ones i had before but i can see people in my street and when im out and about looking at the car impressed and then looking inside and its just not special, im not in a posisition to buy just yet but i cant decide between recliners and buckets ?

i dont need the back seats but i wouldnt mind being able to tilt forward backward and silde forward + backward with custom subframes.
i do need comfort i do close to 1000 miles a month however thats broken up into 24 miles each way to work and back so 24 x 2 x 20 working days = 960 miles.
i can do without reclining feature as long as i dont feel like im in a confin thats standing up if you see what i mean.

the obvious benifits of buckets is 5.5-6.5kg each weight so il save about 15kgs or more over my standard seats which combined with the removal of my rear seats = 30kg`s so that wuld take the cup to 990kg`s ! yay
another benefit is there for motorsport usually and with the cup not having side airbags it will be a safer option as the reinforced carbon fibre models from cobra can take 3000lb`s of preassure also the rounded bat ear sides i.e on the evolutions will protect my head from smashing into the glass in an impact or roll and also stop me banging heads with my passenger ouch cracked skulls !

what i want to know is are buckets a CNuT to get in and out of ??? they look high sided will i look a tit trying to fall into them. my GF doesnt wear skirts so that not a problem before anyone asks. also how do you get the height right on them ?

finally until i get a harness can i safely use the standard seat belts.

ohh some piccy would be nice, specially any cobra evo models.

thankyou :D

--phill--

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
i'm fitting Cobra Monaco buckets to my Mk1 172 today. I have Sabelt 4 points to go in too. I'll let you know the deal on them later and some pics.

SLK 350
Phil, you sound like a woman making a decision about what to wear! lol.

Just buy some you tart, and send me some pictures of your new motor; also while your about are you going to try and make it to the Donnington meet on the 9th October?

Cheers fella.

MKIII 138
ozzyo99 said:
Phil, you sound like a woman making a decision about what to wear! lol.

Just buy some you tart, and send me some pictures of your new motor; also while your about are you going to try and make it to the Donnington meet on the 9th October?

Cheers fella.

yup il try get to donnington.. hmm ozzyo99 do it know you from somewhere ??

VW ....
Soz to jump ur thread m8 but went to see some Cobra Daytona Sports in the flesh & have to say was dissapointed in them .... the material was gash ... i know they are a lot cheaper than the recaro's in some clio's now but i guess that old saying u only get what u pay could be right .All though i haven't seen the recaro's in the flesh yet .

Good luck on what u decide to go for .

Audi A6 (S3 on order)
:approve:

seats.jpg

Lionel Richie
we supply cobra at very cheap prices

(carbonfibre suzuka technology's, with yozzasport extra low subframes)

IMG_0936.jpg

IMG_1005.jpg

MKIII 138
Fred2001Dynamic said:
we supply cobra at very cheap prices

(carbonfibre suzuka technology's, with yozzasport extra low subframes)

err im only 5.8" with shoes/trainers on why do you need extra low subframes ? in the cup the seat will go low enough for me or is it a case of the standard subframes with those seats could make the ride height too much ??
do yozza do custom ones the can tilt forward and slide forward and back i.e for other people who are taller/shorter who may try my car out ?

roughly so i can compare on the web how much is 1 suzuka with custom subframe (172cup)

cheers

MKIII 138
ohh and can you use standard seats belts safely with them also as i imagine a harness will come later.

Lionel Richie
yeah VERY rare!!! LOL

the seats i have (in the pics) retail at £899 EACH plus £100ish for the subframes

cheaper from us though!!! woo!!! (those are the most expensive ones cobra do, i was feeling extravigant!! LOL)

example price from us, pair of COBRA Imolas inc subframes = £575 delivered inc VAT

have a look on the Cobra website, and then tell me what you want

i feel a group but comming on!!!!

MKIII 138
i may get recliners, the bucket sides are too hight get in and out without looking a tit. great for the track though.

if i can find buckets to match my needs i will get them but the high sides are putting me off.. i may get one bucket seat and keep passenger seat for the GF/mum/granny/m8`s to get in and out easily. my best m8 is 6ft 3" and is fairly wide i cant see him squeezing into one that easily.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Fred can you get me a price on some misanos and sidewinders?

MAterial not important as they gotta get retrimmed,

Lionel Richie
not really, i can get them, i know a fella that works for them, but don't really get a massive discount, you can normally negotiate a bigger discount from one of the shops for recaros

Audi A6 (S3 on order)
ok, thanks. I used the CS discount when ordering the Profi's. Just waiting to hear back from Andy about fitment (using recaro side mounts) using either OE base frames or the Cobra ones Yoz got me (for the monaco's)

Might end up needing some custom recaro base mounts. They wanted about £250,

MR2 2.0 N/A & Mk1 1.2Clio
im interested in cobra daytonas if u cud get me a price for the pair? wheres the best place to get subframes for the mk1 clio?

MKIII 138
right i think ive settled on cobra imola`s but dunno if i should get dialon or kevlar ? which is stronger which is lighter