ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Grrr o2

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
i was on o2 before T mobile, i canceled my contract 18 months go. the guy told me he could keep my line open for free, meaning if i wanted to come back to o2 i could as an existing customer. he said it wouldnt ever cost me anything apart from is i made calls from the account ( i cut the sim up so never would)

i recently got an email saying i owed o2 £28... bit of a shock so i emailed them.

You're currently on the O2 25 tariff. This tariff is for a monthly line rental of £16.00 (including VAT). You were also given a £10.00 (including VAT) discount off your monthly line rental. This discount made your monthly line rental £6.00 (including VAT). You were also given a credit of £75.00 (including VAT). This credit was adjusted against your line rental of £6.00 (including VAT). The £10.00 (including VAT) discount was added to your account for a period of 12 months. This discount was removed from your account on 13 June 2008 after 12 months. Even your credit got over. This is the reason you're getting charged and have an outstanding amount of £28.79 (including VAT) on your account. You upgraded your contract on 15 May 2008 and you completed the 12 months of your contract on 15 May 2008. Please note that the completion of your 12 month contract won't result in the automatic cancellation of your account. Your mobile service will continue until we receive your request to cancel your contract

thats what i got back...

having a laugh if they think im paying that. going to go into an o2 store today and sort it out... hoping they might sort me out with an i phone for my troubles haha

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
well either way im not paying thier bill,

i want a iphone but on the £35 contract which means the phone costs £99, so im going to see if they will waive that??

worth a shot lol
im well pissed as thats going to effect my credit rating too

Fiesta
they did this to me too, i complained and said that i was never informed there would be any charges then they credited my account again

I doubt they would negotiate on any iPhone tariffs. If you want the phone for free, you need to pay £45/month.

It may even be an Apple thing where they can't negotiate - as it just devalues the whole thing if people start getting deals, and Apple won't have that.

You need to go to an O2 store (or CPW) though to get one.. they won't take an order over the phone at all at the moment.. too much demand!

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
yeah im going to go to the 02 store at lunch as there is one in town. (oh god im turning into a maccite)

worth a shot at least, hehe

You'll get it back.

Dont shout, be firm but polite and if that fails, write to customer services.

Orange did a similar thing to me and I wrote to them and got it all back. "On this occasion of a gesture of goodwill..."

Tiger R6 / Saxo Vts
As revels says....don't get lairy - be polite but firm, and put any discussions into writing. If there is a mobile phone ombudsman type thing (I'm not sure if there is or not) it might be worth saying you are going to refer to them - if it's any thing like the financial ombudsman the phone co would get charged a set fee to investigate the complaint. £250 is the financial ombudsman fee so it works out cheaper for Banks to pay out smaller compensation charges.

If they refuse then it's prob just worth paying the £28 so as not to ruin your credit history. You don't say how far it's gone down the line, but phone co's can be quick to register a default against you, or even a ccj. We see them all the time on Equifax reports.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
well i only got the email a few days ago, the email i got back said i upgraded on the 25th may... news to me

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
well i went, the guy rang up the customer services, he said no she will have to pay it, so i rang up customer services myself whilst in the store... they canceled it :p

bit of charm goes a long way lol
they couldnt do any deals on the i phone, he said its set prices etc. went to carphone warehouse had a play with on, decided it wasnt for me anyway lol phew

Monaco Ph2 172
O2 also did a similar thing with me a few years back. I refused to pay and it went on for about 3 months with many phone calls until I spoke to someone that understood the situation and finally sorted it out.

They also ripped me off because the number that they 'kept open' for me originally had a bolt-on that they didn't cancel... so I was charged that for another year.

O2 - worst customer service ever, except for BT.

Monaco Ph2 172
O2 - worst customer service ever, except for BT.

I've never had anything but perfect customer service from them..

WAs with them for 2 years and every single time I had to contact them was a disaster. Orange, on the other hand, have been brilliant for over 10 years that I have been with them - but I know some is going to say the opposite! :)

I've never had anything but perfect customer service from them..

WAs with them for 2 years and every single time I had to contact them was a disaster. Orange, on the other hand, have been brilliant for over 10 years that I have been with them - but I know some is going to say the opposite! :)

Orange Customer Service was great too when I was with them.
Just a shame I got no signal at two of the three places I spend most of my time.. but most people agree that Orange Customer Services is one of the best.