ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

gt turbo conversion

the wifes clio
has anyone done a 5 gt turbo engine conversion into a mk1 clio?

was planning doing it so the wifes 5dr would be a bit of a sleeper?

ta

the wifes clio
i was thinking about getting a 19 16v and put the 1.8 in her cos they are cheaper and easier to come by. but i think a turbo is the way forward

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Yeah is relatively straight forward mate, quite a few folk have done it.If you do a search you should bring up a few topics as well

williams 2 turbo
if she wants a reliable car, ie one that is not a never ending money pit, stick a valver lump in it. i have had both 5 turbo and williams lump conversions and i know which one id go for.

Sunflower 172 :)
anotha alternative is the volvo 480 engine. my mate had 1 ov these in his mk1 and was very quick. its a renault engine that volvo decided to turbo and use in there cars. i seen a few these floating on ebay for cheap.

the wifes clio
cheers airs, ill get a look for one of them. she wont worry about reliabiliy unless she gets stranded in the middle of nowhere cos she wont be paying the repair bill!!