ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GT4 and 1080i or high res

Ok OK!

how do you get the playstation to do this!! i have the component cable, its is outputting correctly

but in GT4 there is no menu to select 1080i, or HD or anything!

can someone do a step by step guide, ie do i have to have it in widescreen etc (in the setup before boot big!)

thanks

GP

Focus ST-2
http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=74190

according to this the states can but not the british version.

"slackbladder
"Somme public baths.." Dec 17 2005, 6:34 AM Post #12

To my (somewhat limited) knowledge 480p stands for 480 progressive scan. Look here for a description.
1080i is a HDTV standard. Look here for a decription.

I too was greatly impressed with GT4 at 1080i. But as I live in the UK I had to import a US PS2 and US GT4 to see the game play in 1080i and 480p. The UK PAL version does'nt have these options.
GT4 looks pretty decent in 480p too but 1080i is best. A great pic on my DLP!
Oh, I don't know if anyone knew this but the Xbox in Europe does'nt have progressive scan. It was disabled for some reason."

You could just buy a scaler or the latest Denon AVR home cinema amp which upscales the video to 720p or 1080i

500bhp Scoob
All you need is the component lead for the PS2, and an NTSC version of the game.
I run it in HD mode on my projector, looks very crisp.

Same with the Xbox, but that had to have the eeprom settings changed to make it think its not from the UK as they didn't want us having them options.