ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GT5

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
p10a.jpg

p14a.jpg

yea, putting it on knocked off another few tenths.

The linear throttle control on the controller is s**t, nothing...nothing...BAM....so you cant regulate it between half and full throttle as there is only like 1mm of movement.

Can we all play with some faster cars.........2 min laps are SOOOO boring and long.

VaVa

The linear throttle control on the controller is s**t, nothing...nothing...BAM....so you cant regulate it between half and full throttle as there is only like 1mm of movement.

Can we all play with some faster cars.........2 min laps are SOOOO boring and long.

Xbox controller ftw.... or get yourself a wheel.

You've been kicking ass at this since GT3 tbh. lol.

Xbox controller ftw.... or get yourself a wheel.

You've been kicking ass at this since GT3 tbh. lol.

If you could setup controller sensitivity or something then it would be fine, but as it stands, the null zones are huge and response is slow slow slow. Its like playing with the d pad and buttons.

Chelsea tractor
Changed to use the triggers as a throttle and beat my previous lap time by about half a second :)

2nd now but fooked up in so many places :(

Tweaked Leon Cupra R
noticed that too, but i'm still getting used to it.

I was gonna swap them around to see how that went.

Golf
got the gt and the f430, the gt's quicker but imo the f430 handles better so tend to use the gt on the oval, anyone done all 3 classes

I agree with the comments about the controller it's absolute w**k. Had another dabble the other night and despite blowing the doors off Butters previous time's I still wasnt happy that I was getting anywhere near the times I could with a half decent controller. Sony SORT IT OUT!!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Try a steering wheel:rasp:. Knocks 1.5s per lap off my times, so much easier.

FOCUS ST 275
So are we changing the Car / track then???

Need entertainment for Sunday.

Ferrari or what about the Integra?

Suzuka short track?

dk

911 GTS Cab
why do people who are s**t at this game blame the controller like its not worked as its current design for about 10 years!

People should use a better configuration rather than blame the controller, its normally that people are using the digital buttons rather than triggers or the analogue sticks, its the same as the 360 controller for car games. I have got a couple of trigger entensions on mine which do help though so i would try and get hold of those if you can to make the triggers even easier to use.

FOCUS ST 275
why do people who are s**t at this game blame the controller like its not worked as its current design for about 10 years!

People should use a better configuration rather than blame the controller, its normally that people are using the digital buttons rather than triggers or the analogue sticks, its the same as the 360 controller for car games. I have got a couple of trigger extensions on mine which do help though so i would try and get hold of those if you can to make the triggers even easier to use.

I think what people are saying is that it could be a bit more sensitive.

The triggers are better more sensitive, but the sticks could do with tweaking.

Mid corner with the V6 on Pro with TC off, trying to feather the throttle with the sticks is near impossible, no throttle no throttle then BAM near full throttle and im looking sideways like my man pele.

Using the triggers its easier, but im used to the sticks or X. So it feels a bit cack-handed.

Overall the NEW (not 10 year old:rasp:) PS3 pad is way better for driving games, but it could still be tweaked to give the perfect pad.

People should use a better configuration rather than blame the controller, its normally that people are using the digital buttons rather than triggers or the analogue sticks, its the same as the 360 controller for car games. I have got a couple of trigger entensions on mine which do help though so i would try and get hold of those if you can to make the triggers even easier to use.

So are we including BenR in that statement Dave? I don't think there's any doubt he would hand you (and pretty much most people on this forum for that matter) their ass on racing games and he's commented on the controller being poor. Sticking to something because it's worked in the past is a poor reason, things move on and the PS3 pad really needed to learn some lessons from the 360 pad and the triggers are the place it fails most.

I don't own a PS3 and no doubt I would get used to the short comings of the triggers but the bottom line is they are lacking in travel, less progressive and not and nicely sprung or smooth through their travel in comparison. The analogue sticks are also poor in feel etc in comparison not that I get on with driving it with that button config anyway.

FOCUS ST 275
WOW WOW WOW, Pad aint poor!!

Just needs to be a bit more Pressure sensitive.

Pad feels loads better than a Ring of death Box pad.
But perhaps im slightly one-sided as i have 4 Sony Consoles and 2 Nintendo, but no Ring of death Box.

Bet they spent Zillions on developing the New PS3 Pad.

335i M SPORT!!!!
Sunday Challenge:

Car: BMW E92 M3
Circuit: Suzka East
Physics: Professional
Driving aids optional
======================

My Provisonal Time: 1.02.535
Ranked: 647th

Crap time spend most of the lap sideways

So are we including BenR in that statement Dave? I don't think there's any doubt he would hand you (and pretty much most people on this forum for that matter) their ass on racing games and he's commented on the controller being poor. Sticking to something because it's worked in the past is a poor reason, things move on and the PS3 pad really needed to learn some lessons from the 360 pad and the triggers are the place it fails most.

I don't own a PS3 and no doubt I would get used to the short comings of the triggers but the bottom line is they are lacking in travel, less progressive and not and nicely sprung or smooth through their travel in comparison. The analogue sticks are also poor in feel etc in comparison not that I get on with driving it with that button config anyway.

Just playing with both 360 and ps3 controllers now and the 360 travel is tighter sprung and feels much more responsive, there is a little travel in the ps3 controller before it even responds and yep less progressive, the 360 triggers feel like you could push it in tiny increment of travel whereas the ps3 triggers don't feel as structured, however if push came to shove I would say more travel in the ps3 trigger over 360.

1998 BMW e46 323i
Are there any cheats/save data downloads for gt5p yet? Wouldn't mind having 2 million credits to buy an F1 car...