ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gt86 Roadtrip

Homo spec mazda
Awesome video so hopefully not a repost, Its a hungarian guy who lovingly filmed this in not only hungarian but english too.

Last edited by a moderator:

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
I really really like that car, think I may have to get one in the future!

Given the price an RS clio commands and the upcoming issues with gearboxes, number of doors etc it makes a lot less sense than it did when you could walk out of a dealership with a new 1*2 equipped with all the toys for £12.5k.

If I was looking at buying a car in the next couple of years I can't imagine I'd bother visiting a Renault dealership and aside from a few cosmetic concerns the 86 would definitely be on the short list.

Last edited:
Saw one in the flesh yesterday being driven by some wanabe Chris Harris, who looked like Cookie/DK on here. Idiot tried getting it sideways on a roundabout, s**t himself and nearly stacked it into me and my mate whilst we were working by the side of the road.

Lovely looking car though, but the wheels would have to be changed. They are revolting.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Awesome car. If I were in the market for a new car, that's where my money would be going.

Just popped round the corner to my local toyota dealer to have a nosey round one and check out some finance options. Car had an odd spec, the salesman said it was the basic £24,995 spec car but had the sticker kit/leather + alcantara seats/satnav and metallic paint. Was in the dark grey colour which looked okay but if I was going to get one it would have to be in the 350Z orange.

Interior is lovely with a nice feel to everything, seating position is epic and you sit mega low! It didn't have the optional red interior pack thankfully, as from looking on the internet looks pap. Only bad thing maybe for some people is as much as its a 4 seater, i'm no giant yet once i'd got my seating position in place there was less than an inch of leg room for the rear passengers! Boots rather shallow also which isnt great, the saleman did say once the seats are done there's loads more room which was pretty obvious! lol

Got chatting about finance which doesnt seem to bad on a 3 year PCP deal at 6.9%, final baloon of £11,500 odd. Unsure what they'll be worth tbh come 3 years time, think if its well spec'd/good colour/manual you may fetch much better money than the standard povvo spec red GT86.

Said to the chap its purely feelers atm to see what costings are and i'm certainly not 100% having one so I dont want to waste much more of his time with a test drive, he was cool with that and said have one anyway! So popping down on Monday to have a little drive in one and will let you know what its like then.

Nick

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
5 year 100k mile warranty on them so they'll be a solid secondhand bet at 3 years old. That's my plan...get a few more years of use from the 200, then get one of these.

Hopefully people will have walked away en masse bacause not fast enough...so they might end up being a right bargain at that age/time.

I'll be having a drive of one ASAP.