ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Guess the RR figure

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Going to be putting the Clio on the rollers in a couple of weeks, any bets on what it'll get?

Goign to be at powerstation, mk1 172 with a cat back ss system, so wouldn't expect anything above standard in a perfect world really. However the world, and Renault, are not perfect so how much under do you reckon it'll be?

Although saying that I'm the first person who hates compensated fly figures, it's what's hitting the tarmac that counts :)

Oh and it's black, so that adds 5bhp already :p

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
RR's are a total joke. I've had 3 diff figures for the same (Unaltered car) 192, 186 and 182)

BMW E46 330i Touring
Whereabouts are you going mate? Anywhere local?

If it's the place in Cullompton that Mark went to, then I reckon somewhere around 185!

Otherwise, about 173.21345 bhp.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
If i ran 177 std i'd be happy...But then again if i ran 182 modified and you ran 177 i'd be mighty Pissed off!

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
RR's are a total joke. I've had 3 diff figures for the same (Unaltered car) 192, 186 and 182)

Yeah I know, not really going to get a figure to say "my car's got xxx bhp", more so that I can go back to the same place once I've done a couple of mods to see what difference they make. I know it still won't be a highly accurate way to see the improvements but by using the same place it maybe takes a few more uncertainties out of the equation.

Whereabouts are you going mate? Anywhere local?

If it's the place in Cullompton that Mark went to, then I reckon somewhere around 185!

Otherwise, about 173.21345 bhp.

Not that place no, after Mark saying his car had something like 190odd with that 182 style exhaust (just the backbox, not the manifold or anything) and the viper with the double air intake thingies, no chip or anything else done to it, I was a bit dubious :)

Going to to powerstation, think it's near Gloucester.

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
powerstation is now located in tewksbury, 10 min from gloucester really, when you going bud? i might come up and say hello as a mate of mine knows the owners of the place

BMW E46 330i Touring
Probably a wise choice mate...

Still got the printouts:

Standard=182
Viper=196
Viper and slightly restrictive backbox=191

Hmmm....

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
powerstation is now located in tewksbury, 10 min from gloucester really, when you going bud? i might come up and say hello as a mate of mine knows the owners of the place

Going up with some guys from another forum, going to be quite a few of us I think, 17th of Nov in the morning :)

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Right got the figures.

first problem, apparently powerstations setup is optimised to give at the fly figures and because of this their atw figures are generally really really low, hence my atw figure was a lovely 127.1bhp.

However, in their conversion or whatever it's called up to fly figures the rollers were over reading, giving me a max power of 183bhp and 150lb/ft. Now in all honesty there's no way my 172 is 183bhp, all it's got is a cat back system :)

But due to what other standard new cars were hitting I reckon the rollers were over reading by about 7-7.5% which gives me a figure of approx 170bhp, which on a standard 172 is about right.

All I'm interested in though is the shape of the curves, and using this as a base line before fitting a few mods :)