ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gutted on its value :(

PH1 Clio 172
I know getting attached to your car makes no difference to a cars value and trade in is always less, but was shocked that my Ph1 that is near on mint condition, one owner 77k all standard with folders of service history from new was booking at £340! Even the dealer felt bad about it.
Makes me wonder if it is worth taking care of a car in the future, it never helps:mad:

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Please say you didn't px for that? ?

Anyway long time no speak, hope you're well?

PH1 Clio 172
Hi Scott, I'm good thanks and no I didn't px for that!
i have a longer journey to work now and the Clio is taking the brunt for it too. Would keep it but have no room unfortunately or too much money!
I would understand if it was a heap but is not far off as good as yours all bar the notorious steering wheel with flaky skin!

Mec 350 slk manual
I know getting attached to your car makes no difference to a cars value and trade in is always less, but was shocked that my Ph1 that is near on mint condition, one owner 77k all standard with folders of service history from new was booking at £340! Even the dealer felt bad about it.
Makes me wonder if it is worth taking care of a car in the future, it never helps:mad:
i don't really understand the book value , mine got hit last month and it was £1100 insurance work and it got approved .

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Hi Scott, I'm good thanks and no I didn't px for that!
i have a longer journey to work now and the Clio is taking the brunt for it too. Would keep it but have no room unfortunately or too much money!
I would understand if it was a heap but is not far off as good as yours all bar the notorious steering wheel with flaky skin!

Thank god for that, put it on PistonHeads or on here mate.

Only problem on here is most still think the cars are worth nothing.

Id put it on PH for £1950 - £2250 and see how it goes.

Glad you are ok though.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I always wonder if people part exing are retarded. The dealer is not going to give you what the cars worth is he, otherwise they'd be buying/selling cars at a loss.

RB 182 FF
I'd never worry about valuations, a car is worth what someone is willing to pay for it! And as mint Phase 1's are rare you'll get a good price for it! I paid over the odds for my RB because it was mint and the car I wanted! I'd love a mint Phase 1 if I had the money and I'd give a lot more than £340 for it! :D

Sell private! - I got offered £400 for my ph2 172 on Thursday.. I said no chance! The bloke then said we will give you £800 for it. I just walked out! Plus I changed my mind and I'm keeping her now :) Private value is about £2500 for mine!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
You mean to tell me that a car dealer is trying to make money out of buying and selling cars??

Holy s**t.

Call the cops!!

Bug

Megane rs250
A friend of mine had 1100 in part ex on a 1.4 ph1 strange how they offered you so little

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
They're not worth much anyway. Does sound like he didn't really want it though.

dan's cast offs.
You mean to tell me that a car dealer is trying to make money out of buying and selling cars??

Holy s**t.

Call the cops!!

i've heard a rumour they sometimes do this, always thought they were registered charities??

PH1 Clio 172
I more than realise the fact it's a dealer and they'll make a profit on it. But to be told in Glasses guide it px at £340 I was a bit shell shocked. I'd get more back as spares! I'd hate to think what a munter would go for

Swift Sport
That's why it's called a P/X price, it's the price that a dealer is almost certain to not lose out on.

V6 Exige, GTR R35
i'll pop in my 2p's worth on this.

take a look at book price, everyone on here selling their cars are way over priced.

a LY 182 with 95k on the clock isn't worth £4k - try £2.5.

was looking on here a few weeks ago and nobody would budge towards book price,

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I more than realise the fact it's a dealer and they'll make a profit on it. But to be told in Glasses guide it px at £340 I was a bit shell shocked. I'd get more back as spares! I'd hate to think what a munter would go for

So blame glasses guide, they wrote the book!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
i'll pop in my 2p's worth on this.

take a look at book price, everyone on here selling their cars are way over priced.

a LY 182 with 95k on the clock isn't worth £4k - try £2.5.

was looking on here a few weeks ago and nobody would budge towards book price,

Book price means nothing. If 1989 Micra booked at £7,000 would you buy it? Of course not. It's a guide. Nothing more.

dan's cast offs.
on the plus side if you manage to get one off a trader that's taken it in on part ex you can end up with a bargain. i got my 182, paid for the train to cardiff, petrol back home, sorted misfire, interior (seat airbag blown) a wheel and tyre, airbag ecu and tha car only owes me just over a grand;)

V6 Exige, GTR R35
if I was after a micra then yes if that was the book price.

im certainly not gonna pay 25% over the book price cos someone thinks that's what its worth.

its laughable the for sale section on here and the price people are asking

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E

im certainly not gonna pay 25% over the book price cos someone thinks that's what its worth.

Its worth what someone is willing to pay.. Not everyone goes to the little book to check car prices

PH1 Clio 172
In that case then the first 3k buys it as I've cleaned it and has a Jelly Belly air freshener;)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

But they sell. So they can't be that over priced can they. (Granted, there are exceptions)

V6 Exige, GTR R35
But they sell. So they can't be that over priced can they. (Granted, there are exceptions)

some sell, most end up on ebay, and some are kept. yes there are differences in private sale and trade in, a dealer will rarely give you over book for your car unless they are desperate to move on what you want to buy from them. why would they, business is business....

Clio 182 FF

Do bare in mind glass's guide book price is a trade price. Ie the price a dealer would give for a car to then retail it at profit. Don't expect to be able to buy a car yourself for glass's trade price.

V6 Exige, GTR R35
Do bare in mind glass's guide book price is a trade price. Ie the price a dealer would give for a car to then retail it at profit. Don't expect to be able to buy a car yourself for glass's trade price.

yes and he was trading it in.....

Clio 182 FF
I know, but you were talking about refusing to buy a car that's priced 25% above book. I'm just saying yes some cars are over proved, just don't expect to be able to buy a car for book money.

RB 182 FF
Sounds like Stoddie needs to loosen the purse strings a little! People ask a pretty penny on here because the majority know these cars inside out here and ask the prices according to condition, go and buy a stinker off Ebay if you want, then see how much you end up spending on it!!!!

V6 Exige, GTR R35
Sounds like Stoddie needs to loosen the purse strings a little! People ask a pretty penny on here because the majority know these cars inside out here and ask the prices according to condition, go and buy a stinker off Ebay if you want, then see how much you end up spending on it!!!!

mate take a look at my car history lol

cars are overpriced on here and it doesn't matter what people say, washed with 2 bucket method, polished weekly, run on v power only, never raced or rallied. utter pisch!

ST
mate take a look at my car history lol

cars are overpriced on here and it doesn't matter what people say, washed with 2 bucket method, polished weekly, run on v power only, never raced or rallied. utter pisch!

FLOL.. Look at the lads location.. Speaks volumes.

ST
alright al,

Christ this place hasn't changed!

Alright,

Indeed.. people always think their cars are worth more than they really are, i'm on my 6th Clio, 5th RS, i've had a good few cars in-between, i maybe don't keep them long enough to worry about value, but some really need to have a word when expecting a premium because their car is a 'rare colour or 'low mileage for its age'.