ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gutted on its value :(

V6 Exige, GTR R35
correctomundo!

im on my 4th, and fcuk knows how many cars in between and how many £1000's lost.

only on planet cliosport can someone sell a liquid yellow 182 with 90k on the clock for £4000 because its been "looked after" so well, but needs a new front splitter, the dephaser is clicking and the back seats are covered in strange white skid marks....... cracks me up

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
There's only one side of the story here.

We don't know what the OP was offered and for what? In my (limited) experience trade in price v price of new car deal.. The gap between is usually similar.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Cars are over priced on here, yet they continue to sell.

Backwards opinion is backwards.

V6 Exige, GTR R35
the most common phase I see in the for sale section is "now on ebay" followed by the link.

maybe youre not looking hard enough

realistic priced cars on here sell, I haven't disputed that fact have I?

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
I see what stoddie's saying in part. Some people seem to think that having a premium colour commands a far higher price than what they do now. But if you're a seller you always start off as high as you think you can...

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
It's only a 'guide' anyway.

Barbossa.jpg

TBH I'm sure last year or the year before there were Ph.1's going for £1k, now they seem to have all collectively shot up to £1500+

V6 Exige, GTR R35
I see what stoddie's saying in part. Some people seem to think that having a premium colour commands a far higher price than what they do now. But if you're a seller you always start off as high as you think you can...

thanks mate - youre cheque is in the post ;)

997.1, Caddy, e208
I don't see why a Clio with ID paint shouldnt cost more than a 'normal' one even in the 10yr old car market.

if I was after a micra then yes if that was the book price.

im certainly not gonna pay 25% over the book price cos someone thinks that's what its worth.

its laughable the for sale section on here and the price people are asking

So what would you pay for my car?

(Not selling but I know I got a good price and would like to know your idea of a good price)

54plate BG182 both cup packs and recaros (all usual mod cons, climate control, cruise control, re-trimmed steering wheel and a freshly repainted front end) ?

V6 Exige, GTR R35
So what would you pay for my car?

(Not selling but I know I got a good price and would like to know your idea of a good price)

54plate BG182 both cup packs and recaros (all usual mod cons, climate control, cruise control, re-trimmed steering wheel and a freshly repainted front end) ?

lol im not a car dealer mate, but parkers is saying for a clio with 50k miles and recaros £2410 private sale.

lol im not a car dealer mate, but parkers is saying for a clio with 50k miles and recaros £2410 private sale.

Parker's must be really undervaluing cars IMO mate

I paid £3250 before Christmas and the car is worth more than that (would have paid £3795 if I had that money) and mileage is circa 82k at current

It's in nigh on brand new condition and the paintwork is immaculate

V6 Exige, GTR R35
You asked I told you. Don't shoot the messenger!

as said previous it's what the car is worth to you. I picked up a clio a few weeks back so going by the prices on here I can't loose when I sell it

You asked I told you. Don't shoot the messenger!

as said previous it's what the car is worth to you. I picked up a clio a few weeks back so going by the prices on here I can't loose when I sell it

Not having a go mate, was just telling my opinion

I really need to work on my wording, a few people seem to think I am having a go at them when I am not lol

Best cash?

*sighs* Well played Mcgheyer... Well played

No, just paid the price Daniel asked which was more than fair and saved us both time and effort

Keep the replies coming.

Some of them are comical.

Sadly a 10-15 year old plus french hatchback will never hold its value over its german rivals etc.
There are indeed lots of overpriced cars on here, but there are idiots buying them for silly money and most on tick and hoping to get back what they paid :eek:

Apart from a few silly prices, I can't say that I've noticed over priced stuff on here - usually people tell the seller that it's only worth a couple of magic beans. Stuff is really under valued on here.

Also, for most of them prices have levelled out, then as more get broken for parts etc prices will go up. It always happens, in a few years we could be looking at £5k phase 1 172's.

Peugeot 308
A car is only worth what some is prepared to pay for it IMO.

Judging by this threads logic, I paid what people would call over the odds for a Ph2 172 not long ago, but to me with the work its had done to it... I was happy with what I paid.

When I was looking, the difference In quality between a 95k £1200-£1500 172 and a 95k £2000+ 172 is massive. Each to there own, but I would pay more every time.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Escalated quickly in here. I still remember a guy asking 6k for his BG182 maybe over a year ago, no it wasn't even close to Rich Treen's. I had to read the advert twice to make sure. Think I counted him reducing it 4 times.

I still remember a guy asking 6k for his BG182 maybe over a year ago, no it wasn't even close to Rich Treen's. I had to read the advert twice to make sure. Think I counted him reducing it 4 times.

I think I know exactly who you're on about. Laughable.

I have to say though, I think most of the cars in the FS section are well priced tbh, you get the occasional joker (see above) but for the most, I'd say prices are about right.

Monaco Blue 172
The prices do seem to vary wildly on these cars.

I'm looking for a low mileage 172 (phase 2) saw a perfect example (50k fsh) up for £2.8k but it was a 6 hour drive and I didn't have any spare time to look.

Ideally after something around 60-70k miles, in fairly standard condition (no fancy tailpipes/induction) and for a clean car i'd be happy to pay £2.5 if it doesn't need a cambelt, £2k if it does.

But then perhaps i'm being unrealistic, as i'm struggling? (still, there aren't that many about)