ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

H&R coilovers Help

Big 'T'
Just adjusted my mates rear H&Rs, do the springs really sit on that big platform?, there is no were to locate the spring on the platform, is this right?

Cheer for any help,

Golf GTD Mk7
If you're on about the seat which adjusts the height mate, it just sits on it. Or do you mean to the car? Once in position it holds itself in place. Presume you removed the old ones :S

Big 'T'
yeah the rear seat that adjusts the height and the spring just sits on... i presume the spring is quite safe sat on there?.. i just wanted to make sure there wasnt a part missing

Cheers for the reply jonny

lift number 1 @ btm
untitled-1.jpg

It's not h&r, but is that any help?

Big 'T'
I only ajusted them not fitted them , thats why i was curious. Just wound the adjuster seat up to the correct height and poped the spring back in. At the top it locates into the the little pip thing :S not sure on the technical name, and the bottom of the spring just sits on the seat

Big 'T'
16-1.jpg

This is the platform i mean.... it seems to have no were for the spring to locate if you get me... i just want to know that the spring is ok sat on that?

I pinched the picture from the guide section, i hope no one minds :)

lift number 1 @ btm
The spring is sat on the top of the adjuster? It's not got the little top hat part inside it?

Big 'T'
no its just sat on top of the adjuster that i posted a picture of, no top hat that i was expecting. Do you think this is right?

ITB'd MK1
i think what you're refering to is that it's not like a front spring where the end of the spring has it's own indent to sit in. What you've taken a picture of is correct.

lift number 1 @ btm
I mean on the picture you've posted, the spring should be sat on the "brim" with the narrower section inside it.

Big 'T'
no the springs stayed the same way i took them out, thats why i was aksing is something wrong. So the spring has a larger diameter at one end than the other. Rather than doing it wrong just thought i would ask on here first

ITB'd MK1
something is very wrong there. If the springs dont have one end with a larger "hole" than the other, they're not meant to be used with adjuster platforms. standard type springs have the same size at each end, as do normal lowering springs

Big 'T'
cheers for the pic. But thats not how you adjust the clio H&rs, the adjuster is the one i pictured. The problem im having is the adjusters are alot larger than the spring diameters, so the springs are wrong or the spring just sits on top of the adjuster and does not locate around it.

Big 'T'
something is very wrong there. If the springs dont have one end with a larger "hole" than the other, they're not meant to be used with adjuster platforms. standard type springs have the same size at each end, as do normal lowering springs

yes they are normal springs like lowering springs. But the platforms are very large so the spring cannot locate around the platforms. in that picture they look quite small but in real life they are mahoosive

lift number 1 @ btm
Yeah, that was just to show how the spring should be seated.
As Danny's saying, it sounds as if you have the wrong springs for the kit!!

I'm not helping posting race springs, but the egg springs should seat the same.

Big 'T'
Yeah i knew something was wrong.. . Looks like i need to be looking for the correct springs for him, or removing the platforms. Thats a job to do tomorrow.

Cheers for all the help guys, wouldnt know what to do without CS

Golf GTD Mk7
You're not trying the standard springs with the kit are you? Is the kit new or second hand? If so, unless the previous owners used the standard rear setup, the must have had the full rear kit. Bit of a wierd one though

Big 'T'
Hi Jonny. I have now got the correct springs with the larger hole at the bottom. was a weird one but thanks for all the help. :)