ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

H&R springs

Cup In bits
Im going to be doing a full suspension refresh on my new 172 cup that I will use for a few track day's this summer, the car will then be given to my mum as a runaround after that so I don't want a harsh ride really.

Im going to replace all the dampers with new OEM and while at it I was going to swap for some better springs to help sharpen it up a little.

Any reviews on H&R 30mm springs, everyone seem's to use cooksport's or eibach's. Is there any reason for that and what would you advise for a nice non crashy ride but still a bit of performance.

If there isn't such a spring for the Clio I would consider fitting good performance springs for the summer and swapping back to standard for my mum.

Cheers

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Cooksports are the current flavour of the month but roll back the clock a few years and H&Rs were the dogs danglies!

Cup In bits
Yeah I have read many threads about them now, not many on eibach or H&R's for performance.

I know springs are just a compromise between coilovers and standard but what would have. I'm not really into CS trends as you say, everything becomes 'cool' for a while and then fades away.

I would like an unbiased opinion from someone that has used different types and used them not just for 'lows'

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
What are you wanting?

I have prolines in mine, doesnt drop the car a massive amount but handling is great! And the ride doesnt feel any different from standard..

Sportlines give more of a drop, cant comment on the handling or ride quality of them..

As for H&R i never even looked into them tbh, thought they only did them for the 197/200

Cup In bits
Basically a trade off between good performance and comfort if there is such a spring that can do both.

As said I would consider removing them after summer if a certain spring was good for handling but rubbish for ride.

A 30mm drop in height would be good too for COG.

Arctic 182, GTD
I run H&Rs mate and I think their great and I've tried, standard, apex and eibachs. Be different!

Arctic 182, GTD
You find my pic in the project thread? Because that was just after I fitted them and they have settled now. But was a 35mm drop if I remember mate.