ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hacked Ebay Account

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
My G/f has had her ebay account hacked into over the last few days, noticed today when she was at work. They have ordered something like 18 pairs of trainers, with a bill of about £800 so far, she contacted ebay this morning, changed all her passwords.

She has just got back from lunch, and the account has been used to bid on something again.

As far as she knows, nothing has been paid for, they haven't used her paypal account.

Is there anything more she can do, other than keep reporting it to ebay?

Megane DCi 147bhp/350nwm
delete the account and create a new one :eek:

reporting to ebay etc would usually fix this but if its still doing it...

pick a stupidly long password :D

delete the account and create a new one :eek:

reporting to ebay etc would usually fix this but if its still doing it...

pick a stupidly long password :D

the best passwords have numbers and capitals in

for example

a simple word like sugar could make a great pass like:

sU5gaR

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
happened to me.

£2k of fees in 2 hour!

eBay promised I wouldnt have to pay them, but I cancelled the DD anyway!

Good job that I did, as they took 3 months, 14 emails, 5 online chat sessions and a phone call to sort it!

I was getting emails from them that they were going to take legal action if I didnt pay my bill, and my account got suspended!

They are clampits, dont trust them at all!

If id not cancelled the DD id have been fuked bigtime! £2k out my bank just before xmas!

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
Tell her to stop using it at work if she does, or any other pc thats not secure or yours. Scan yours for Malware and/or encrypt your network.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
She spoke to ebay today, they have said they have cancelled all the bids and told her to change her password, which she did yesterday, but they still got in again within 2 hours of changing her password and informing ebay.

Didn't get any kind of apology from ebay, just that it was unfortunate.

Nice one.

She uses it at work as she doesn't have the net at home, but i thought they were secure, it's all wireless.

As I think mine is. How do you tell?

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
sounds like they have her email details and are probably requesting a password reminder. she needs to change any email passwords as well as the ebay one again.

also ensure the comp she is using is checked out, they could easily be using a keylogger to grab the password she is using!

Clio 190bhp Hybrid
Same thing happened to me a few weeks ago but they also got my hotmail too so any communications that go to hotmail to would not get found.

Ebay were good and noticed straight away, emailing all the people the person was trying to get stuff from. Hotmail were no use as details they asked for had been changed by the person who stole my access. Took 9 days and lots of stress getting that back.

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
She uses it at work as she doesn't have the net at home, but i thought they were secure, it's all wireless.

As I think mine is. How do you tell?

I can see every page viewed and if needs be, everything that has been typed in any terminal by any user on the intranet at work for level 1 and 2 users. If they use Hotmail, ebay etc i can gain entry using details they entered., i dont of course, but her Net Admins might be bas**rds.

Cupra
I can see every page viewed and if needs be, everything that has been typed in any terminal by any user on the intranet at work for level 1 and 2 users. If they use Hotmail, ebay etc i can gain entry using details they entered., i dont of course, but her Net Admins might be bas**rds.

On a side note.... how do you do that? :evil: