ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

had a bump - people claiming off me

Clio 220 Trophy
I'm with 'ecar' I don't want to upload the photo of their car, in the rare case it gets seen by some benson and I get bent over..again!

No ones asking for you to upload photos, but if your sure there was no damages and they agreed , get the pictures printed and get them to your insurance company

Clio Mk2 PH1 1.2
Yeah I know that, but just to prove there’s no damage and all that. Conclusion then, fight it to the death. Probably going to get ass f**ked and they're going to spend the money on receiving therapy for their massive tissue damage injuries...

Clio 220 Trophy
Yeah I know that, but just to prove there’s no damage and all that. Conclusion then, fight it to the death. Probably going to get ass f**ked and they're going to spend the money on receiving therapy for their massive tissue damage injuries...

You got it, don't let these scum get away with it.
By the way you say your 20 with 2years no claims, my sons the same age and pays just under £900 fully comp for his 1.2 , I,d look at changing insurers if I was you

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Also, they're probably being advised by someone to claim, someone who's said to them "it's easy and you always win, they never fight back", so if you can talk your insurance company round to actually sticking up for you then the other party may drop their claim if they see you fight back, they may feel like they're gonna get caught out or the process will be long and difficult.

Is what they're doing fraudulent? If they're claiming when there is absolutely no injury caused to them, and you can prove so, is there any chance they could be penalised if you can prove it?

RS6 C7
Just deny it then as they have no proof of damage or just say they hit you. Fight them!

But be careful as you now have a thread up online which anyone can access ;)

Clio Mk2 PH1 1.2
they drove down the road where It was a bit safer to get out of the car. @oldtimer, it's the best I can find for my area. Newports not a nice place...

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
Have you actually admitted anythink to anybody other than the 3rd party in person?

If you haven't explained anything to your insurers and the 3rd party have no independent witnesses then simply claim they rolled backwards into you, They then can't prove shizz against you.

phase 1 flamer 172
The "BUMP" happened or this wouldnt be on here, you were the car at the rear, you are f****d. end of

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
You got it, don't let these scum get away with it.
By the way you say your 20 with 2years no claims, my sons the same age and pays just under £900 fully comp for his 1.2 , I,d look at changing insurers if I was you

What's his postcode like? I'm 20 with 2 years NCB and can insure a 182 for the same price as that...

Clio Mk2 PH1 1.2
I said on the phone that I rolled into them, but it was at a speed where nothing and no-one was hurt. I said I'm not willing to accept fault for an injury that didn't happen.

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
This is how messed the situation was for me.

Rolled into the back of a car in stop start traffic at less than 5mph. two guys get out and we exchange details. There was No damage to my car or his and neither complained of any injuries. Next thing I hear was that there was a claim for damage to the vehicle and injuries to the driver and his passenger. I wanted to fight the claim with me being a Doctor I wanted to cross examine the GPs findings, compare this to the damage sustained together with eye witness statements but Admiral just wanted none of it.

Admiral gladly paid 13K because the chap on the phone stated it was easier and simpler..

unless your profession depends on it; Honesty just gets you no where in this day and age.

Rusty Cup
If you go up the back of someone you are liable. If the other party gets a doctor to verify an injury your insurance company will pay them compensation. The "Speed" of the incident has no relevance once a doctor has verified an injury. Whether there is any sign of a collision on either car has no relevance.

Ive been through this process when i touched wing mirrors with a women in a car park. There was no damage to either vehicle but she took her car to the garage and had 800+ pounds worth of existing damage repaired most of it on the other side of her car, she claimed back pain and my insurance company paid out.

You have no leg to stand on in terms of winning this argument so take it as life experience. Who knows maybe in the future you might find yourself with a sore neck after someone rolls into your car at 1mph!!

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member

Rolled into the back of a car in stop start traffic at less than 5mph. two guys get out and we exchange details. There was No damage to my car or his and neither complained of any injuries. Next thing I hear was that there was a claim for damage to the vehicle and injuries to the driver and his passenger. I wanted to fight the claim with me being a Doctor I wanted to cross examine the GPs findings, compare this to the damage sustained together with eye witness statements but Admiral just wanted none of it.

Admiral gladly paid 13K because the chap on the phone stated it was easier and simpler..

unless your profession depends on it; Honesty just gets you no where in this day and age.

This is the bit that really f***s me off. You pay insurance, but they're not prepared to fight on your behalf.

Unless it's clear cut, you get bummed.

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
The fact you have "legal cover" makes no difference either.. I was like i have this legal cover can I not atleast contest this... "no sorry"

fair doos.. pay the man and f**k things up thank you please.

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
If you go up the back of someone you are liable. If the other party gets a doctor to verify an injury your insurance company will pay them compensation. The "Speed" of the incident has no relevance once a doctor has verified an injury. Whether there is any sign of a collision on either car has no relevance.

Ive been through this process when i touched wing mirrors with a women in a car park. There was no damage to either vehicle but she took her car to the garage and had 800+ pounds worth of existing damage repaired most of it on the other side of her car, she claimed back pain and my insurance company paid out.

You have no leg to stand on in terms of winning this argument so take it as life experience. Who knows maybe in the future you might find yourself with a sore neck after someone rolls into your car at 1mph!!

The last Part of your comment is half the problem.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Go round, sledgehamer in hand and batter their car.

When they come out simply say "In for a penny...In for a pound!" lol

Karma.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
The fact you have "legal cover" makes no difference either.. I was like i have this legal cover can I not atleast contest this... "no sorry"

fair doos.. pay the man and f**k things up thank you please.

Yep, it's infuriating.

Clio 1.2 16v
I had a dopy c*nt shunt the back of me the other week, no damage though so didn't exchange details.

True story

O

Oakley12

Sorry to hear this fella! Pretty s**t that they're claiming against you when no damage was done to either car, and they both said they are okay.

Where abouts did this happen in newport?

Clio Mk2 PH1 1.2
It's classed as Newport but on the roundabout just before pontypool one. Where you turn left for Cwmbran and go right for littlemill?

If you've got contact details for the person you crashed into, can you got ring them up and say look what's going on, you were fine after the accident, threaten that your going to fight it all the way to court, might scare them enough to drop the claim?

If you've got contact details for the person you crashed into, can you got ring them up and say look what's going on, you were fine after the accident, threaten that your going to fight it all the way to court, might scare them enough to drop the claim?

Doubt it will tbh, if they have any knowledge of insurance companies they'll know this happens all the time and so many scumbags get away with it all the time.

I had someone hit the Clio when i first got it. Minimal impact. Checked the car and there was a scuff on the bumper. Young fella offered me money, said forget it. Polished it out. Moved on. TBH, the insurance companies f**k me off more by just rolling over.

It's a s**te state of affairs but supposedly the government is going to clamp down on the dodgy whiplash. Not sure how? Pretty sure i could convince a doctor my neck hurts.

I drove into the back of 172 cup at about 5mph. The claim cost £8500.

The accident happened in north shields in 2009, blue 172 cup. If you're on here - you're a robbing f**ker.

2007 clio dynamique

I had this happen to me but it was the other way round, guy in a works vehicle rolled back into me, my vehicle has some bumper damage, I got out n he said I didn't think I was rolling back anyway I reported the accident to my insurers as a non fault claim as it wasn't my fault the next thing I no is he has told his insurers he felt a bump and I was there so know it looks like I'm facing a long battle all I want is my car back to how it was, complete wanker

S2H

RS Clio 200
Although there are so many people scamming the system, it would be wrong to take away compensation all together. I was hit head on by a women at 60-70mph, both very lucky to be alive. A slight left steer by myself before impact and the strength of the mk7 fiesta saved me. I had a dodgy ECG (ectopic beat) due to shock and went in an ambulance to hospital not knowing if my heart was ok or not. had some chest pain at the time but not much and a burnt nose from the airbag. Over the next week or so I got bad neck and back pain, headaches and some anxiety when women drivers pass by on the other side of the road. Even now I can't fully move my neck around freely and sometimes get pains. I'm claming on her insurance because I feel it is fair and I pay my own insurance to protect me from these incidents. Could have been much worse though.

Surely you won't be due excess as you're not claiming for damage to your own car?

Let your insurance get on with it and chalk it up to experience.

172 cup
It's a s**te state of affairs but supposedly the government is going to clamp down on the dodgy whiplash. Not sure how? Pretty sure i could convince a doctor my neck hurts.

I drove into the back of 172 cup at about 5mph. The claim cost £8500.

The accident happened in north shields in 2009, blue 172 cup. If you're on here - you're a robbing f**ker.

You my sir should have gone to prison for this crime!

In a serious note this sucks. But insurance company's don't really care as they just put prices up to cover the rise in costs.

Renault Clio MK4 RS
Although there are so many people scamming the system, it would be wrong to take away compensation all together. I was hit head on by a women at 60-70mph, both very lucky to be alive. A slight left steer by myself before impact and the strength of the mk7 fiesta saved me. I had a dodgy ECG (ectopic beat) due to shock and went in an ambulance to hospital not knowing if my heart was ok or not. had some chest pain at the time but not much and a burnt nose from the airbag. Over the next week or so I got bad neck and back pain, headaches and some anxiety when women drivers pass by on the other side of the road. Even now I can't fully move my neck around freely and sometimes get pains. I'm claming on her insurance because I feel it is fair and I pay my own insurance to protect me from these incidents. Could have been much worse though.

Thats obviously understandable though at a 60-70mph crash but for people to be claiming at sub 5mph then its shocking. My mum and my little brother of 5 at the time got shunted by a Range Rover at 50mph into the back of her audi tt which was stationary around 4 years ago now and she suffered very bad neck pains from it and my little brother had a bad chest and shoulder from it and the car looked an absolute wreck! She claimed against it and she got just over £5000 for it but she said she didnt even need that much but they just pay out a high amount of money each time just because they can and the insurance company actually fixed the audi back up even though the bumper needed to go back in 3 times for a respray as they did it wrong 3 times!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
"Just deny it" brilliant, absolutely brilliant. So you'll be in court and you'll still be minus your no claims! Some people would be better off saying nothing.

I'd also add whiplash can happen at any speed, the damage is irrelevant, i'm betting I could find something on their rear bumper that constitutes damage.

The fact is the accident was your fault. It's up to the doctors and your insurance to prove there was no damage and no personal injury. If they don't want to challenge then they believe you were in the wrong.

What would be the point in them spending 10k in legal costs to save themselves £1200 in personal injury payment. It is true that there is no investigation needed upon a doctors report, the book tells you the guidelines, £1200 is minimum payment, losing a finger etc is more. There are set prices as mental as it sounds.

Oh and whiplash truly can take time to settle in, ie the next day. I have no doubt they are at it but my above points stand.

I you had been paying attention this would have been avoidable. Probably too busy updating your Facebook status on the way for a mental Nandos.

Last edited:
"Just deny it" brilliant, absolutely brilliant. So you'll be in court and you'll still be minus your no claims! Some people would be better off saying nothing.

I'd also add whiplash can happen at any speed, the damage is irrelevant, i'm betting I could find something on their rear bumper that constitutes damage.

The fact is the accident was your fault. It's up to the doctors and your insurance to prove there was no damage and no personal injury. If they don't want to challenge then they believe you were in the wrong.

What would be the point in them spending 10k in legal costs to save themselves £1200 in personal injury payment. It is true that there is no investigation needed upon a doctors report, the book tells you the guidelines, £1200 is minimum payment, losing a finger etc is more. There are set prices as mental as it sounds.

Oh and whiplash truly can take time to settle in, ie the next day. I have no doubt they are at it but my above points stand.

I you had been paying attention this would have been avoidable. Probably too busy updating your Facebook status on the way for a mental Nandos.
So basically you are saying anyone hit from behind is entitled to claim as the person behind should have been paying attention?

Suzuki Jimny
It's classed as Newport but on the roundabout just before pontypool one. Where you turn left for Cwmbran and go right for littlemill?

PMSL! People are always slamming on their brakes by there! Had a very close call when I passed my test with someone doing that.