ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Had a busy day today

audi a6 3.0tdi
I'm really happy in the three years i've owned ph1 172's i've always had a blue flame cat back system and its been noisy and droned well today i've fitted a standard system and i never realised the clio could be so civilised and nice to drive. I'm really impressed i just hope it doesn't fall off soon as its mot time in a few days. The car is deffinately less responsive though but the silence more than makes up for it.

To make things even better i've fitted disks and pads all round as it had a tendancy to want to try and spin under braking which turned out to be a seized slider on the passenger side front.

So basically my clio is quiet and doesn't try to kill me every time i brake which is always a bonus. I'm even considering keeping it now :)

audi a6 3.0tdi
It mint its actually relaxing to drive :) the system went on with no issues at all. You are a superstar for the bits :)

Clio 172 RS2
Stealth is the way we roll...
Let the F4R dothe talking @ 5.000 r/pm... IT'S ALIVE!!!

Do keep it! You won't regret it! ;)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Told you ;)

Its how i roll, decatted standad, for winners iirc

M2 Competition
The car sounds sooo much better with a standard exhaust on. Feels faster too, as all the noise of the sports exhaust makes you feel like a lot of noise for not much go.

320d
I thought you wanted to do euro road trips though, and don't trust the 172 (probably wise).

Could always take the vec to europe I supose.

audi a6 3.0tdi
I still keep looking at the mr2's i just need some cash to add to the value of the clio. Instead of selling the clio and having no second car for a while i'll keep it till i've got a couple of thousand pounds saved up.

Ph1
The harsher the Sports are the more involving and fun they are to drive imo

Quiet and comfiness looses out to what these cars are really about

audi a6 3.0tdi
not when you can't drive it hard for fear of being pulled by the police. I got pulled twice in two weeks when i used it daily recently. Now its quiet it doesn't draw any attention to its self. Its still got induction roar from the pipercross filter

320d
Strange you get pulled a lot. I haven't been pulled in mine, touch wood.

Saying that stealths arn't that loud. I haven't heard mine from outside though.

audi a6 3.0tdi
i think it was more the bucket seat they didn't like but the exhaust made them look in the first place.

320d
Maybe also because it was being driven at 1000mph everywhere too chris ;)

I know what you mean though, bucket seats and no interior do attract attention.