ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Had abit of a prang.

Disco 3 &4 1993 mini
So I was at the brand trackday today, it was nearing the end and Tyres were getting colder I over cooked it and spun. No one around me so I let the car roll back so the rear wheels were in the gravel so I was out of the way. Yellow flags came out everyone past apart from one guy who thought it'd be a good time to try and overtake. Now for those of you that know brands the last corner in the sort of weather stays wet on the outside. So he then understeered straight into me. Anyway me and my mate have whiplash but otherwise ok. Pics below.

Before
JT6T1021.jpg

After
aa87072a.gif

Cro

Meg'd r27
Jeez nightmare, I hope the guy was reasonable about it if he was acting the big d*ck and threw you something towards the cost

Disco 3 &4 1993 mini
Na he's not give anything towards it he blamed me.

His car was quite bad too but not as bad as mine.

No idea on plans yet maybe repair and sell.

Defo wanted to smack him but as soon as I got back garage I went for walk for a while.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Did he admit it was his fault ? I know nothing can be done as there is no insurance but he most feel guilty ?

Hope you get it sorted mate.

Sam!

Cro

Meg'd r27
If the yellow flag was out how did he think it was ok to overtake or that it was even remotely your fault!

Nothing at the mo :(
Na he's not give anything towards it he blamed me.

His car was quite bad too but not as bad as mine.

No idea on plans yet maybe repair and sell.

Defo wanted to smack him but as soon as I got back garage I went for walk for a while.

I would of gone for him tbh

Nimbus R26r
Oh I popped down to watch abit earlier just after lunch but missed this, gutted to hear, your car looked great on track.

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
Ouch! always a worry when doing track days, when doing track days im always more worried about other drivers

if you are going to sell bits, PM me :)

Last edited:

Ad

MK2 FRS
Ouch!!! Shame.

Makes me feel some comfort knowing the elise is insured when I am take it on track!

Golf GTD Mk7
What a knob, I can't believe he blamed you. Yellow flag ffs!!! I'd have been mad as fcuk. Gutted for you mate

53 Clio's & counting
Yup, on a yellow flag I woudl have wanted something, no flag then i could understand, but a yellow flag out he should have been slowing down, defiantely not over taking

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
Fell really sorry for you. Hopefully the engine and box is fine.

Can't believe he came and blamed you for it.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Yup, on a yellow flag I woudl have wanted something, no flag then i could understand, but a yellow flag out he should have been slowing down, defiantely not over taking

Definately. I'd have at least given him a slap.

Bang out of order is that.

340i
Saw this on Facebook earlier.. s**t bad luck mate :(

especially after all the hard work you put into it!!

Focus RS mk1
that sucks mate, all the time and prep gone into this, followed the project. cant belive the d!ck tried to blame you, how you kept your cool i dont know

172 ph1
i would have smashed his teeth in mate but doesnt always help...sorry to see that looks pretty cream crackered

Hope your okay Lee, you must be properly gutted! Went to see the S3 after looking at yours and I overheard the chump who was driving say to his mate say 'well thats motorsport for you!' Trust me I wanted to slap him for you, that kind of attitude needs beating out of him especially when its just a trackday! Was worried in the morning that having a couple of Time Attack cars going round on a normal trackday could lead to potential problems.

Hopefully you can get it sorted, one way or another. :)

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
Gutted for you mate, takes the piss attitudes like that on trackdays. Hope it's repairable

Disco 3 &4 1993 mini
thanks for the kind words guys, im lisping like a fool today after i bit my tongue on impact got a very stiff neck and back ache and my mates off work with whiplash. ive got a panel beater from down the road coming to look at it in a bit so hopefully il have some news about the state of car soon