ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Had my car scraped today, worried about the repair!!?

It happened at 11am today. Going into the gym where there is a thin bit of road which I was already into then some old man came round the corner and decided to try and squeeze through the small gap instead of reversing back into the bigger space where he just came from, which he should have done to let me out of the thin bit of entrance, scraping the back end of my car in the process! I had absolutely no where to go, just had to sit there and take his stupid decision up my rear qaurter/bumper and alloy wheel!
At first he was trying to claim 50/50 which it wasnt as I was stationary he made the move!!
Anyway now he has admitted this and ive told my insurers (adrian flux) who will collect it and take it to an approved repairer, which I am a little worried about....

The damage is on the rear quarter just above the bumper but it relatively small, small dent and paint removed will they have to respray the whole side?

Will it look different because it would have had to be resprayed?

The alloy wheel too, it had just been scraped but I dont want it repaired, I want it replaced as it wont match the paint I imagine???

Anything like this happen to you? Am I worrying about nothing?

Cheers
Rob.

Clio 182
Hi Rob,

I am sorry to hear about the damage, always very frustrating. I can not really comment about the rear quatre, I would imagine as long as its a good bodyshop it should look like new. As for the Alloy they can do a very good job of colour matching as long as its done right.

The best thing to do would be to find out where the car is being taken and go down and talk to them?

Rich :)

Da

Less
Remember, it's your right to have the car repaired where you want. You do not have to use the body shop flux suggest.

Sorry to hear about the damage mate.

D

deadonkey

Its worth knowing that you dont have to have the work done at your insurance companies approved place. You can choose where you want. It just takes them longer as it all has to be approved ie the insurance company tell the garage what to replace etc rather than leaving it up to the approved repairer.

I wish I had took it somewhere else when I had insurance work done.
At the end of the day inspect your car when its finished and while its still in the bodyshops car park. If you dont think its 100% leave the car where it is and phone the insurance company.

Hope this helps.

Thanks all im gonna do it through insurance because I dont really know any places to take also if I was to do that I would have to fork out my excess then claim it back at the end which I just cant do right now just about to start my first morgage!! They did tell me that wherever it goes they are fully garanteed so if it dont look right then it can be redone.. I wont except anything less than perfect, I just recenctly spent money having the car professionally detailed, swirl removal etc............. Hope it gets sorted soon....

cheers again
Rob.