ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Had the car a week Spun it already...

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
you spun....

.....a clio?

WTF?

It really isnt as hard as you think. Enter a roundabout to fast, power understeer, back off, back steps out, initial reaction is to brake if you dont have experience of it which only fuels the fire.

I only spun my ph1 once, entered a roundabout way to fast in the wet, roundabout was covered in diesel (always is but my fault) back end came out, I caught it started to power on and it hit the diesel and sent it round. Hit the brakes and managed to keep it in one piece.

200 FF Storm Grey
Are people confusing understeer with oversteer?

In seven years of driving hard in RS Clios, I've only ever had oversteer once... and that was going too fast through Paddock at Brands Hatch.

I can't get my head around how anybody could have over steer on a road unless they couldn't give a sh1te about their car or them selves 2bh, I'm all for giving it some beans and often do but to have over steer on a normal road, I can't get my head around it :\ Maybe I just drive like a wet fish :dead:

Astra SRI/ Hornet
I can't get my head around how anybody could have over steer on a road unless they couldn't give a sh1te about their car or them selves 2bh, I'm all for giving it some beans and often do but to have over steer on a normal road, I can't get my head around it :\ Maybe I just drive like a wet fish :dead:

Yeah that's just you dude. Lol

Oh to be young and stupid/no car control again spinning cars. Brings me back to the 205gti days.

Same here. I like to have a blast now and again but it's ALWAYS well within my/the cars limits.

The back end did waggle about a bit when messing about in the snow. First FWD car that I've had that does that.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Over 5 yrs of hard driving and I think I've had lift off oversteer once, warn tyres rain and me being a tit. You live and learn.

Man up, these things understeer before anything else, the back is welded to the floor. Learn how to drive before pushing on!

^^^ - definitely this. I've got my 182 going sideways proper during two periods of its life. Both involved me, the car, snow and the liberal use of the handbrake. It wasn't panic - I had plenty of space to 'play' and see what the 182 would do and how it would behave.

In normal conditions - even in the wet, it's been beyond faultless. As kev182cup says - these things give you LOADS of prior warning that it ain't happy with what you're doing and/or the road conditions.

Still, you've learnt from it - and that's the main thing. :)

D.

Last edited:
  350z GT
Only time mine as even stepped out a little is when i was comin onto a tight roundabout..needed to to a 90 degree turn pretty much

entered a little fast, heavy braking and then turned.....was a damp road an the back jus slid out...easily caught though and continued on my way

reminded me to concentrate is all lol as i was day dreamin :)

Listerine & Poledo
I had a step-out once on some grimy Lincolnshire backroad between Boston and Horncastle.

a dab of flickering dashboard light, and I was away

ESP is a bit(h, and I spanked it

Clio 172
Had mine nearly 12 months and the back end is solid. Never slid out once. Understeer is a bigger problem

done it in mine within 3 days of owning it but i was pushing it in a car park with a light covering ov sand and lifted off but easily caught it.. then just went 1 night on a roundabout just after i had T1R'S put on the front and my old F1's on the rear... coul always tell when it was gonna break loose when i had a full set off F1's on

Lesson to new 182 drivers, be very gentle, Just pulled off roundabout, went sideways :eek:

Lesson learnt, be very careful with that right foot!!! :S

I've had mine 4 years. I've never once done this. Not even remotely and I drive like a c**t at every opportunity.

MK2 Clio phaze 1
iv managed to spin a 1.2 bare in mind it was pissin it down i was drivin like a tit n a tap off the kerb helped lol

172DD Cup
i had lift off oversteer big time once, in a pug 406. rear end was light as anything. got a full 360 on a slip road and carried on going. god knows how i didn't hit the barrier.

Clio 172 ph1
i had lift off oversteer big time once, in a pug 406. rear end was light as anything. got a full 360 on a slip road and carried on going. god knows how i didn't hit the barrier.
Peugeots are notorious for LOOS! My old 306 used to US AND OS :dead: and my 309 just OS as long as you weren't stupid but it was controllable which made for lots of fun on roundabouts :cool: The hubby makes the most of the OS in his 205 too :D

So far the only time anything's gone awry in the Clio has been much skiddage in the snow, and understeer once throwing it into a roundabout a bit too spiritedly, lifting off just about brought it back, not as predictable as the puglet though :dapprove:

172DD Cup
funny thing is i was giving the wheel a wiggle, a kind of half hearted scandinavian flick, thinking that if it goes i can accelerate out of it, but it let go so smooth that by the time i realised it was too late and i just held on