ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Had to smash my window!

muz

big fat japanese bus

At crail on Sunday morning sittig in my car with the engine running

Got out to speak to a mate, my door closes then locks!! With the key in the ignition!!

Tried to break in couldnt so took a hammer to the back window (That was not fun or nice I can tell you!)

Anyone heard of this before?

lol, yeh quite a few people have had it, i wouldnt have broke the window though, you can get in quite easy without breaking anything

Ziel Nurburgring

Hooking the door handle, pushing the unlock button on the dash? Damn, that an expensive way of getting in.

Yeah its happened to a few people, I try not to close the door with the engine running when Im outside of it unless Im at home and can get the spare key.

tiTTy & SV650

Quote: Originally posted by Pete on 07 February 2005

Yeah its happened to a few people, I try not to close the door with the engine running when Im outside of it unless Im at home and can get the spare key.
Im always paranoid about that happening, the dillema is when you have to de-ice the car you want to have the engine running while you scrape the windows - but you dont wanna leave the bloody door open!

Happened to me in my 205gti, had to call my sister to pick up my spare keys and bring them to me.

Does it only happen when people have the autolock thing on? I would have thought with the engine running it was less likely to lock itself than when parked up.

Clio 197

I get really worried abou this too:

Best not to actually completely shut the door (ie not on the catch).... then the central locking wont be able to lock the doors...

S2000

Quote: Originally posted by Tony on 07 February 2005

why the back window???:confused: A bit expensive IMO, Why not a side window or the side rear window?
I was thinking that myself - but now I think he might mean the rear side window???

Quote: Originally posted by donsrno1 on 07 February 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Tony on 07 February 2005

why the back window??? A bit expensive IMO, Why not a side window or the side rear window?
I was thinking that myself - but now I think he might mean the rear side window???
it was the rear side window, drivers side. Some folk will go to some lengths to try and make their 172 as light as a Cup eh Stevie ;)

Shhh

Are cars under warranty covered by the AA cover.?

Could you of not rang them, found someone in the AA to ring.?

Im sure it was cheaper to join the AA than to break the glass.? Was it etched, it will never be the same again.

Sorry on the bad news..

Alias

muz

big fat japanese bus

Cost me £60 in total for autoglass to come out and replace it!

Thank heavens for decent insurance

I couldnt get the AA number and as the car was running I didnt want to leave it on for the 2 hours it takes the AA to come out

Will post a photo in a sec

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

lol...Harsh, but it was quite amusing! 45mins to pluck up courage and then the hammer bounced bak!!! lol!

Good to meet u bud, new window should help u get in to 14s 1/4 mile

muz

big fat japanese bus

Quote: Originally posted by AJRMOTORSPORT on 07 February 2005

lol...Harsh, but it was quite amusing! 45mins to pluck up courage and then the hammer bounced bak!!! lol!

Good to meet u bud, new window should help u get in to 14s 1/4 mile

I must have hit the thing 20 bloody times before it smashed first time it never even made a mark!

Need to speak to the guy who videoed it and get a copy!

And God knows how I will get into the 14s, nothing faster than a 15.46 on sunday

Maybe a wee remap is in order.....

Thats brilliant. Just a tip to anyone who wants to de-ice their car etc. If you press and hold the dash locking button then itll go ...beep and then the auto-locking will be disabled and you can freely frolick about your car without having to worry about it locking you out. Obviously in your circumstances it was just carelessness which is unlucky but now youll always remember to disable the auto-lock when you leasve the car on and close the door.