ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hair coming out of exhaust?

Nothing at the mo :(
Not my car atm.. But my mates got horse like hair coming out of his exhaust?

I guessing something is buggered inside it.. but what bit? :S

Sounds like the wadding...

27102009486.jpg

DSC00562.jpg

yeah from the pic... on the box flaps where there is laods of black hairs it looks like that on his car

And wtf is wadding? Where does it liove? lol

yeah looks just like that!! how does this happen? a small hole in exhaust and moisture gets in or something?

clio 172 ph2
ha ha thats the stuff i see now and again on road sides. in my eyes i see witches hair. thinking a saggy old witch has copped it roadside. bang tidy:clown:

S4 Avant
Most scilencers are filled with it.

The scilencer consists of a tube with many many holes in it, and around that tube is all the sound deadening material.

Mondeo TDCI 130
Yup it's exhaust wadding, my mate had a new magnex on an astra and it came out basically instantly! There was about a 100 mtrs following him around! ha ha!

clio 182
i have the same problem, but both back boxes checked and are fine, and i have a rattle too and its coming from the cat. any ideas? rattles everytime i accelerate, both on hard and soft accelrating.

ITB'd MK1
if the cat's rattling then it's broken down. De-cat or sports cat time unless you fancy a 4 figure bill from renault (and it starts with a 2 ;) ). The "hair" is defintiely sound deadening from inside a silencer

Stripped yozza'd cup
So I tried to find that video on youtube of a girl being sucked in to the intake of a scooby, but I couldn't. This post is therefore pretty pointless.

clio 182
if the cat's rattling then it's broken down. De-cat or sports cat time unless you fancy a 4 figure bill from renault (and it starts with a 2 ;) ). The "hair" is defintiely sound deadening from inside a silencer

getting a the cat replaced, as its only 4months old from exhaustsuk. and they are going to look into the "hair" as the middle section was checked today which only leaves the main backbox, got a ktec ultra performance fitted, and was on the car when i got it. surely that couldnt of broken down already?

S4 Avant
That sounds fucked. Check all the nuts and bolts along the system first. Things are prone to rattle on exhaust, with the varying amounts of vibration. Could be the springs on the manifold kit rattling, they're just infront of the cat. Could also be a loose heatshield or loose exhaust mounts. Worst case scenario, the scilencers are fucked.

....sorry, I've just seen it came from exhurts UK. It's all fucked.

clio 182
The cat is from exhaustuk. The system is ktec. Yep all mounts n nuts checked. Think the rattling is coming from the cat! :-( coz it's coming from the centre of the car and the middle box is fine. Hopefully the main backbox with the tips coming out isn't fooked but the hair in the tips is telling me something different :-(. Can't afford to replace the system.

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
The cat is from exhaustuk. The system is ktec. Yep all mounts n nuts checked. Think the rattling is coming from the cat! :-( coz it's coming from the centre of the car and the middle box is fine. Hopefully the main backbox with the tips coming out isn't fooked but the hair in the tips is telling me something different :-(. Can't afford to replace the system.

A build quality issue with a ktec exhaust? Surely not... :rolleyes:

Wash your mouth out ;) when did you get that mate?

Lol, had it around a cpl of months now bud. Really impressed, runs so quiet and blows the ktec away both in terms of build quality, performance & noise level. I should have got one a long time ago! :D

Albi 197
same thing happened to my grandma's clio. I just pulled it out and it doesnt seem any louder lol