ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Half a tank of fuel, yet my fuel light will come Huh

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
filled the car up on tuesday £45 went about 3/4 tank, now yesturday my fuel light came on and its only on half, Wtf,

Is it possibly my fuel pump not giving the correct reading or is it something else?

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
I think its cos its french, mine will occasionally come on well before the dial gets to red

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
oh right, but this is the first time its happend, i though this is strange, so filled in another £10, and it went off, yet this morning it came back on again, time for a new car i think,

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
reset the trip, brim the tank and see when it comes on again

275 Trophy
The gauge and the warning light both get the signal from the sender unit which is part of the fuel pump, at least on my ph1. The float is connected to a wiper that traces up and down segments of a variable resistor. When it reaches the top (pivots oposite way), you should get the warning light. Not sure if that's open or closed circuit TBH.

Maybe it's a problem with your dash wiring? Have you tried (IIRC) seeing how many litres you have by holding the trip computer button in whilst turning the ignition on, when you get this problem?

This happened to me twice, coincidently i happened to stall the car just before both occasions. Don't ask why i stalled it, was some stupid s**t.

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Dash wiring is fine as its been fine for the past 2years after i did a conversion, i would try the trip computer but mine doesnt work lol, so scrap that idea, light seems to be staying off now, il just wait till it goes empty and refuel it,