ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Half Life: Black Mesa

Not actually fussed about them chopping out the Xen section. Was always my least favourite part of HL.

Looking forward to this. HL2 remains the best single player FPS ever made. HL is the 2nd best.

Nissan 350z
This game has been coming soon for soooooo long.

Along the lines of HalfLife remakes if anyone is interested the best HL1 mod Natural Selection has been remade and is due for release next month also ;)

LY R26
Bout time! Can't wait :) thought this project was long gone tbh. Looking forward to seeing how everything looks.

Nissan 350z
I imagine Valve will hold off until the Source engine is due an overhaul. Then use HL3 to push L4D, TF etc remakes out as well ;)

LY R26
I miss TFC!

Same! Few servers with actual people in there days, most are jam packed with friggin bots. Also miss the good old cs days. Pc zone,jolt,multiplayer,4kings. Mint servers with brilliant communitys. Still thrash cs,hl,tfc, mostly when I'm laning with mates, the feel of the original half life engine is perfect. So crisp and fluid. Easy to get back into the swing of things it stays in your blood! :D.

It's too long for Ep.3 now IMO. I've lost interest.

Now L4D3 however... Oh yes please! As long as it was a proper sequel and not just a slightly warmed over version of the original like wot L4D2 is.

LY R26
I agree, hl3 valve please. And a brand new source engine would be spanking!. Source still looks mint like especially since ep2. But that's a big no no for the future of the hl series. they'd just be laughed at.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Still the most enjoyable time I've had on any game I've ever played - I'm glad they're finally gonna release it!

F82 M4
Same! Few servers with actual people in there days, most are jam packed with friggin bots. Also miss the good old cs days. Pc zone,jolt,multiplayer,4kings. Mint servers with brilliant communitys. Still thrash cs,hl,tfc, mostly when I'm laning with mates, the feel of the original half life engine is perfect. So crisp and fluid. Easy to get back into the swing of things it stays in your blood! :D.

I still play 1.6 mate, add me on Steam - wilky71157. Been playing CS:GO this week but really not enjoying it. All the Source players have a massive advantage over us 1.6 players and absolutely smashing us to be honest!

Evo 5 RS
How's that? CS:GO is nothing like Source mate. It was co-designed with vet 1.6 players. It's the source players that are whining from what I've seen

LY R26
I still play 1.6 mate, add me on Steam - wilky71157. Been playing CS:GO this week but really not enjoying it. All the Source players have a massive advantage over us 1.6 players and absolutely smashing us to be honest!

Yeah mate ill add you tonight :). Not to fussed about csgo and to be fair was never to bothered about cs source. The recoil and weapon feel just didn't cut it for me and reverted back to 1.6.

Last edited:
  1995 Renault Clio 1.8 16v
Tried cs:go on Xbox other day, did not like it! Didn't know you could still play TFC online?!! How?!! Would love a bash as sniper again, was such a good game!!

LY R26
Yeah can still play it takes a while to find a server without bots tho. "Medic!". Oh and after a bit of research seems like 1.6 players and also css players are moaning about cs go lol.

F82 M4
How's that? CS:GO is nothing like Source mate. It was co-designed with vet 1.6 players. It's the source players that are whining from what I've seen

It's a lot more like Source than it is 1.6 in my opinion mate. It's mainly the aiming on the game. When you're spraying you are literally aiming at the floor to control the recoil, just like on Source. In 1.6 you can fully control it with small mouse movements. :)

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
It's too long for Ep.3 now IMO. I've lost interest.

Now L4D3 however... Oh yes please! As long as it was a proper sequel and not just a slightly warmed over version of the original like wot L4D2 is.

Hopefully Valve won't even question releasing that! I've got a whole host of ideas I wish they would implement into the third game - but my biggest 'wish' would be to add some diversity into the four characters. I don't want full-blown RPG-esque options and unlock trees - but some slight variation between them to make them better in some circumstances and worse in others. That would add a lot to the game rather than just having 4 clones that aside from external appearance, do nothing unique in the game environment.

And if players didn't want that, there should be an straight-forward tick box within the game options to make all four players the same 'spec' like in the previous two games.

The L4D series to me has got big enough and with plenty of followers to finally ditch its Source-mod feel. It should strike out alone as a dedicated FPS franchise now.

D.

It'll be really interesting to see what direction they take with L4D3. Initially I wanted something much bigger and more open. Possibly with persistent characters. Now I'm not so sure. We're getting that with DayZ and that other one (WarZ is it?). They already fill that niche and by the time of L4D3 will have been doing it for much longer. In L4D3 I'm looking for something similar in feel to earlier incarnations but with MORE. Not just more weapons and more maps but more in terms of gameplay. Equipment maybe. Vehicles. More open maps. More in terms of tactical decisions (hole up or make a run for it).

Anyway, there's not even been a peep about L4D3 so far so in the meantime, loving DayZ and looking forward to Black Mesa tomorrow.

L4D is less likely to make you lose your faith in humanity though. Mine is at an all-time low after last night when some dude I saved from zombie horde then allowed to clear out the supermarket while I watched his back put a .45 ACP in the back of my head the second I wasn't looking.

Should have gone to Tobys camp, kitted up and become an ultimate badass :D

I know, I know. I blame my mate for slowing me down. Waay too much pratting about. But then like Scone says, it doesn't pay to get too attached to your gear. I was s**tting myself last night cos I found an Alice pack early on and didn't want to lose it. I can't imagine what a nervous wreck I'd be if I was toting an AS50 and loads of equipment around!!