ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Halved My Insurance

C63 AMG
After I put my Arctic Blue 182 into a river in 2007, the insurance premium on my replacement car (the Trophy) was £1650 (fully comp) - with Royal Sun Alliance through the broker Keith Michaels.

This year I will give Direct Line £843 for the same level of cover. I'm 28, work in a managerial role, possess 2 years NCB and live in a leafy suburb of Birmingham.

Result!!

Integra Type-R DC2
Nice! Im 20 with 2 NCBs and just got my renewal on my 1.2. £850 Fully Comp!

Daylight rape.

C63 AMG
28 & paying that much for it, imo your still getting done.

On the face of it yes, but I have only been driving since 2004 (at the age of 24) so 2 years NCB with only 4 years driving experience in a group 17 car is probably why.

£843 was the cheapest I could find.

C63 AMG
How did you manage to put your 182 into a river? Also, how does the Trophy compare? :)

Driving in North Wales on a windy unclassified - in September when it was damp. Enough said :).

As for comparison, that is a topic I'm sure is yet to be discussed so I wouldn't want to spoil any future argument.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
im sure i have seen a pic somewhere.
My insurance in Brum will always be high, downside of living close to the centre.

"Navy" N17 TWO
And we thought N. Ireland insurance was mental :eek:

I'm 25, Clio 172 with mods declared & 6years NCB - renewal price next week is £472 :)

172 Cup
I'd agree that £850 does seem steep for a Trophy at 28 even if you have only been driving 4 years.

1 NCB, fully comp £1200 2.0 182 55 plate, im 24,

^ That wins for rip off so far surely? Unless you've modified it?

Me: 1 NCB, fully comp £650 2.0 172 04 plate, im 24, in the second best postcode group for insurance. I'm happy with that price although next year being 25 (and providing i have 2 NCB) i won't want to be paying more than £550

MCS R56
Move to Scotland - £180 on the Cup @ 30 yrs old. And I still feel I am being bent over, so to speak.

Black Gold Trophy
21 2 years NCB, 3 points, paid just over £700 fully comp on my 182, my renewal is coming up at just over £500 :)

Hawkeye

ClioSport Club Member
  Damage repaired
Being older has some perks at least,was just over £200 F/C on a FF172 for me when i had it,the best is my R1,its £175 F/C.

i pay about 130 for the micra and last night i paid 309 for teh mx5 but i get £45 cash back with that so in affect £264 woot

not bad for 2 people insured on them both

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
After I put my Arctic Blue 182 into a river in 2007, the insurance premium on my replacement car (the Trophy) was £1650 (fully comp) - with Royal Sun Alliance through the broker Keith Michaels.

This year I will give Direct Line £843 for the same level of cover. I'm 28, work in a managerial role, possess 2 years NCB and live in a leafy suburb of Birmingham.

Result!!
Whereabouts in Birmingham? I'm in Harborne.

E87 118d M Sport
pay £525 full comp on the 172 (53 plate)
21 with 3 years no claims. (renewal end of march)

if i can get sub £500 with protected no claims ill be happy!

Mk2 ph1 clio
im looking at buying a 172 in january (when my insurance is up)

Im with flux atm, 21 (22 in march) with 4 years ncb and i pay £270 on my 1.2

If i use.. compare the market or confused.com they all come back with £1k plus!!!

E87 118d M Sport
directline
elephant
norwich union

dont go with the "we dont charge you BS sites" so they charge the insurance company, who in turn charge you more in the first place.
directline for example uses nobody, its direct. try it!!!

03 RS clio 172 flameR
i pay £1950 on a 172! thats third party!
mind you im only 19 making me one of the youngest 172 owners there is!
plus i dont care coz its fast so i pay out like a muppet!

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
FFS. 0 ncb Driving 9yr 26yrs old Glasgow £1300 for a 172 lol!!!!

Monthly payments FTL

MCS R56

Better hope you don't crach. Didn't know Muppets got insurance in cars?!

C63 AMG
CORRECTION!!

When I was quoted originally I didn't actually buy the insurance - I put the quote on hold (it's valid for 90 days).

Phoned up today to retrieve the internet quote (I forgot the password), and the woman on the phone - a lovely sounding Glaswegian lass - informed me that my quote will actually be £781.

She noticed that there is another policy at my address (my Girlfriend's) and the price dropped again to £706! - interest free over 12 months as well.

RESULT!!!

I live in Sutton Coldfield.

P.S. The Trophy on the Direct Line scale is a group 70 car - groups range from 11 to 99. Group 99 is for Ferraris and Lambos so that indicates just how risky they view the car.

Clio 2.0 172

Fail! 18 with a 172. 1 years no claims,£1832 fully comp:cool: