ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

hams last night?

182trophy & Williams
don't bring the clio sport name down by ragging around with all the other losers at ham's hall

E46 320CD
lol you go down much?
can hardly find anyone on here that goes or from round tamworth

I'll occasionally go and have a look to see whats about if i'm passing, but it don't do anything for me now. Too many 17 year olds in 1.0 corsas driving like complete tits.

Fee, noticed you up by dunton island one evening, i was coming back from football with my mate, noticed the car and then you and your passenger (it's not the car i remember though :rasp: )Me and my mate said, 2 birds - with a nice car aswell...... Bonus!

Pics with of your car, with you in the shot lol

182 liquid yellow clio
thanks hun,i go every now and again but there are far too many chavvy bum holes up there for my liking :)

MattRS182

ClioSport Club Member
  #3 PH2 172 Flamer
Im another hams haller off here.... Black Gold 182 :) Neverbeen sticker on the back window or go in a black focus RS

ibiza cupra
oh right :dapprove: lol. you up there this weekend? if so keep your eye out for a black 172 with white wheels and badges, and ill give you a wave.

ibiza cupra
sound lol. just chatting to a few mates at work that said they should be goin so hopfully should be a few of us goin up. should be a good`n. i aint racing though too many heros out there. ill keep my eye out for ya (not that you are hard to miss lol)

BMW E92/Audi S3
I'm goin on Sunday as I'm not working for once. Anyone wanna meet up?? PM me
Going in the ugly-mobile.

s16
i would avoid hams hall these days now if you like you licence..

25 August 2009 10:10

A judge at Birmingham High Court has banned Car Cruising in part of North Warwickshire following an eight year-battle to solve the problem.

Warwickshire County Council, supported by Warwickshire Police, applied for an injunction under Section 222 of the Local Government Act 1972, to prohibit the highly dangerous activity and all associated anti-social behaviour around the Hams Hall area.

On Friday 21 August 2009, the county council was successful with its application, which has now come in to effect and will last for two years, banning excessive noise, danger to other road users and pedestrians, damage or risk of damage to private property, litter, and nuisance to other persons not participating in a car cruise.

Cllr Richard Hobbs, Warwickshire County Council's Portfolio Holder for Community Protection, said: "Over the last eight years, the county council and police have tried numerous measures to stop the anti-social behaviour associated with car cruising such as speeding and excessive noise, which have caused nuisance to residents, businesses and other road users.

"However, because of the sheer numbers of participants it has often been difficult to take the most appropriate action until now. This injunction is the latest and most forceful attempt to put an end to the problem, leaving residents and businesses to enjoy a much safer community once again." Inspector Glen Belcher from Warwickshire Police, said: "The problem of car cruising has caused significant disruption for those who reside and work in the vicinity of the Hams Hall industrial estate.

"The injunction, which has been obtained as a result of excellent multi agency working, will allow for those gathering for such anti social purposes to be dealt with in an appropriate manner. This will result in an improved quality of life for those affected while making the area safer for all.

"The police will now be working with our partner agencies and with the businesses on the Hams Hall Business Park to see the injunction is enforced effectively."

Anyone caught breaking the injunction will be �in contempt of court' which can be punished with the seizure of their vehicle, a large fine or even a prison sentence. - Ends -

For media enquiries please contact Stuart Goodwin at the Warwickshire County Council press office on 01926 414168.

Editors Notes

According to Schedule 2 of the injunction, (1) a car cruise means �a congregation of drivers of two or more motor-vehicles (including motor-cycles) between the hours of 7pm and 7am on the public highway or at any place to which the public have access within the part of the boundaries of Warwickshire, at which any such driver (and/or passenger and/or any driver and/or passenger of any other vehicle) perform any of the activities set out a para.2 below, so as, by such conduct, to cause any of the following: (i) Excessive noise; (ii) danger to other road users (including pedestrians); (iii) damage or the risk of damage to private property; (iv) litter; (v) any nuisance to another person not participating in the car-cruise.

1. The activities referred to at para.1, above, are:

driving at excessive speed

"driving in convoy"

racing other motor-vehicles

performing stunts in motor-vehicles

sounding horns or playing radios

dropping litter

shouting or swearing at, or abusing, threatening or otherwise intimidating (including by the use of sexual language or making sexual suggestions) another person

Participating in a �Car-Cruise'

1. A person participates in a car cruise when he/she is the driver of, or passenger in, a vehicle to which paras.1-2 apply, and the term �participating in a Car-Cruise' shall be interpreted accordingly.

Crimestoppers - 0800 555 111 working in partnership with the police

Kate Turner