ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Handbrake prblems

Renaultsport clio 172
I pulled up my handbrake the other day when i parked up and it came loose, took the cover off and the bolts that hold down the handbrake unit have come straight thru :S anyone have any ideas how to fix this??? i found a way but i need to disconnect the cable to take the handbrake unit out to maybe get underneath to put a new bolt in

If anybody could please help id be grateful:)

mine failed the MoT on this the other day, but thankfully the bolts were intact. if the bolts had been busted, i'd probably have looked at welding new ones in from underneath the floor

didn't have a good look, bit doesn't look as though you can just weld the lever to the floor, as there's some sort of plate inbetween

Renaultsport clio 172
yea thats what sucks, theres a plate on the other side and thats what makes it realy awkward :S only way i think it could be done to realy hold it down solid perminantly is to take the handbrake unit out by releasing the cable somehow so i can get my hand underneath and put a new bolt in