ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Handlebar Camera's??

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Me and some Friend are off to Thetford Forest in a few weeks to do some Downhill Biking and I was wondering if there are any Cheapish Camera's that can be mounted to the Handlebars?

I'm not looking to spend alot as I'm no Pro Biker and will only be going once in a Blue Moon but as we are all Amateurs I just thought there may be the chance of capturing the footage of someone colliding with a tree etc. :)

Cheers
Andy.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Cheers warren but thats abit more than I'm looking to spend at the moment cos as said I'll only be doing here and there.

Might buy one of those Bullet Camera's taht you liknk upto you Normal Camcorder and Pop the Camcorder in my Back Pack

Anyone know if they get a Decent Picture?

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
SE K850i which Captures OKish Video I suppose

Just need to Rig something up to work on a Handlebar I suppose, Going to be Hiring the Bikes when there so will just have to use a Metal bar to procyice a Rig up... Any Suggestions?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I use an ipod holder (that I use when cycling) sometimes in the car, sure you could do the same on the bike.
You can see it on the passenger sun-visor
sample_LMP_MSV_080904_0219_04-09-20.jpg

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I was just looking at Clamps and thinking how I could mount my Phone to it.... I've got a few weeks so I'll sort something out but I think the Phone is the Best Bet for nw and if I find igo more than expected I shall buy a proper camera for it :)

tiTTy & SV650
if you have a short stem then handlebar mount is terrible, helmet cam is far better or mounted on the frame

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU
I'd go for helmet then where you look the camera does. Not as important in a car but on the bike you'll be watching mates. If its a small camera you can do some sly perving as well;)

I bought a cheap digital video cam thing for like £60 and used an old bike light bracket and a bolt that fitted the tripod thread for a rigup!!

Downhill at Thetford forest andy?? ;)

I'd come with you if i was around!

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I'll see what I can rig up..... Few Lads from work suggested it so I thought why not..... Not done any Off Road Mountain Bking since I was a Wee Nipper

Speak to some people down there, and get them to tell you where the big bomb crater is!! That's a good laugh! There are some little ones on the trail, but the big one is off in the woods somewhere!