ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

handling problems

clio1.2 16v dynamique
i am the proud owner of a 1.2 16v dynamique and i have owned the car for a couple of months. my wife and i have recently had a couple of near misses in the wet recently going round a right hand bend and a roundabout,the back end seems to go away. i have checked the tyres and they seem to be in good order. i was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if so how did they fix it.

Clio 172 Sport Ph2
a.) Check tyre pressures

b.) Check dampers

c.) Get some decent tyres not budget ones - this will make a BIG difference

d.) Dont brake or lift off the accelerator suddenly mid bend

clio1.2 16v dynamique
i am the proud owner of a 1.2 16v dynamique and i have owned the car for a couple of months. my wife and i have recently had a couple of near misses in the wet recently going round a right hand bend and a roundabout,the back end seems to go away. i have checked the tyres and they seem to be in good order. i was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if so how did they fix it.

got the back tyres checked out at a local tyre centre, who have since replaced one of them,apparently the wall inside one of the tyres was starting to crack and give way, hopefully this should sort it,thanx for all of your replies:) :)

PH Quick
I had exactly the same problem, found out the cause was one of the dampers was knackered. Caused the car to feel like the back was slipping out round a corner.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member

got the back tyres checked out at a local tyre centre, who have since replaced one of them,apparently the wall inside one of the tyres was starting to crack and give way, hopefully this should sort it,thanx for all of your replies:) :)
Check the dampers too

Sit on the boot on one side and bounce it.. you'll know if one's fucked because it'll be bouncing waaaaay too much

clio1.2 16v dynamique
what kind of mileage should the dampers last for. the cars only done 43000.

Last edited:
what kind of mileage should the dapers last for. the cars only done 43000.

Depend on use driver condition etc.

Mine were what I deemed as worn in 50k on normal springs but there still fine.

Shocks can leak though just down to the way they are. easy to tell they'll be covere in oil if they are or are starting to leak.

clio1.2 16v dynamique
what kind of mileage should the dapers last for. the cars only done 43000.

Depend on use driver condition etc.

Mine were what I deemed as worn in 50k on normal springs but there still fine.

Shocks can leak though just down to the way they are. easy to tell they'll be covere in oil if they are or are starting to leak.
i'll check them out 2morra

Mk4 XR3i 90 - spec
Maybe front anti roll bar broke on one side?

My ph1 mk2 kept breaking on one side for some reason, the bolt kept snapping. Could never tell though lol.