ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Handling/Suspension - Checklist for problems

200 FF Storm Grey
It seems alot of folk seem to suffer with their clio's not handling correctly, pulling ways they shouldn't, floaty sensations, bouncing off the face of the earth down country roads, vibrations etc...

It also seems that 9/10 mechanics say everything looks fine when the owner knows it isn't and majority of time it's only the owner who knows what it felt like before on after.

So was wondering whether it would be possible for somebody with good knowledge to create a step by step guide onto what should be checked and every possible solution to tracking down a handling problem and also a quick tip on how each part should act if failed.

I'm at my wits end with people telling me my car is fine when I know it isn't so seems best way to do it is spend time checking yourself!

Think this would help alot of people!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
im no expert but ive had the problem on a few clios.

first thing is check for leaking rear dampers, you will usually be able to see the oil running down them and all the s**t from the road sticking to it, this is 99% of the time what causes it.

next is check for uneaven tyre wear, if the trackings out it will be scrubbing its tyres and pulling you about.

front track rod ends and dont forget the inner track rods will cause play in the steering wheel, doesnt effect the handling a great deal but gives you less confidence in the car.

200 FF Storm Grey
Cheers mate, I'm familiar with the tyre issues, leaking suspension etc.. it's more like the inner track rods for example, where do I find them, how do I know if they've failed, it's that sort of stuff me and probably alot of others haven't got a clue with :\