ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hands up who's had immobilser/keys problems

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Guess it isnt just me and my Mum! Her Scenic is playing up like a b**ch and Ive had previous issues.

Basically just getting really pissed off with Renaults inability to sort these sort of problems permantly :mad:

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
touch lots of wood mate, its probably only a matter of time!! TBH its the only thing that puts me off getting another Renault as its an expensive fix as well as being a total pain in the ass

05 Arctic 182FF
The key snapped (somehow!!) in the ignition barrel a few months ago, tried to prise it out etc with no luck! Luckily whats left of the key still works the petrol cap, and the remote c/locking unlocks the doors, but been meaning to change the locks for a while, and keep thinking if the battery ever goes dead i'm utterly fooked!!

Just went out to it after not using it for a couple of days, and the battery's so weak it won't unlock the doors!! I'll have to break into it somehow now!

1998 BMW e46 323i
mine's ok, touch wood. the range is sheeet though. my bimmer's worked further than the radio did

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
on your mums scenic if its the key try holding down the button for around 20 secs cant remember when u finish the little light will come on/ go out on the key let go of the button and press it again quickly see if it recodes to the car.

my remote key has broen twice. Just have to open it up and resolder a part on, other than that only problem i had was when i didnt use the remote key for a couple of months - because of the key problem - and the alarm went off for no reason, including once while i was driving along, lol.