ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hankook K120 vs K110?

So I pretty much need 4 new tyres, currently run the Hankook K110 V12 EVO's, but there's some new K120 V12 EVO's out and not seen much about them - anyone got any info, or know if they're worth getting instead?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Not heard anything on the K120's, but used K110's on my old 182, golf GT TDI and the wifes A4 estate and always performed satisfactorily.

late 2003 172cup
I have found they grip well the k110's but when I fit to the rear the car is leathal!! Very very floaty when you swerve about. I am currently emailing hankook as i am not impressed with buying 4x hankook tyres over 4x ps3's michelins.
They will be on eBay soon, 2x new unused and 2x part worn.

late 2003 172cup
Yeah I am not happy seeing as I bought 4 new ones!
Hankook told me to fit other 2 tyres, said they would behave bad when paired with another brand???? I have not heard back yet since my last reply.

late 2003 172cup
My car had shocks rebuilt, new Sachs rear shocks from renault, new bones, been on two very good 4 wheel alignment machines. I put the michelins back on rear and car is fantastic.

Hankook:

"Hello Mr Smith

Thank you for providing us with the information required.

From our own vehicle data systems, the tyre size, load index, speed ratings and wheel format seems to be correct specification for your vehicle.

Standard Tyre pressures for front = 2.2bar/33psi for rear 2.0bar/30psi , so the tyre pressures that you have been using are within range.

From the DOT numbers that you have confirmed, we have checked with the factory concerned and find that no production issues have been recorded against the size and pattern type of 205/45R16 87W Ventus V12 evo K110

We note the modifications that you have declared and we suggest that four tyres of the same manufacture and pattern type should be fitted, to counteract any size dimensional differences between manufacturers as tyre sizes are nominal measurement and could vary between manufacturers.

With the replacements of new wishbone joints and other replacement components of the suspension system, a wheel alignment, camber angle check is strongly recommended and that any adjustments or settings are done for the correct dynamic vehicle set up.

Thank you for contacting Hankook Tyre"

Last edited:
Hmm pass then, I've had a couple of sets now and not had a bad word to say about them :]

The sidewalls can be a little soft if you run them too hard, but meh!

Want 4 spares for £200 seeing as you like them so much mate ;)??

Hah, with 4 new tyres, insurance and tax this month has killed me enough :p and I got them for not much more new anyway :D

I have found they grip well the k110's but when I fit to the rear the car is leathal!! Very very floaty when you swerve about. I am currently emailing hankook as i am not impressed with buying 4x hankook tyres over 4x ps3's michelins.
They will be on eBay soon, 2x new unused and 2x part worn.

f**k sake, I think I'm suffering the same issue!

Just had the 4 new ones put on (to replace the old 4), and now it is really floaty as well, really annoying. Anything about 50 feels a bit sketchy, small turns feel like they correct around half a second later, it's really bizzare.

It's almost as if there's a delay when turning, and had my alignment checked and it's spot on. What makes it really annoying is they were nothing like my previous set (they were absolutely awesome and felt nothing like this set) - so either they need bedding in, there's a manufacturing defect or something weird is going on!

Clio 172
I'll have to try higher tyre pressures, at current I'm on 32 at the fronts and 30 at the rears (which is standard isn't it?) - I can't help but wonder if these have a defect of some sort, as my other set of Hankooks felt nothing like this!

late 2003 172cup
Hello Mr Smith

Thank you for your e mail, there is no more recommendations or advise that I can offer, handling issues regarding rear end twitching can be associated with the rear dampers not working correctly and we note from your previous e mail that the rear shocks are new from Renault, however depending when the replacement shocks was carried out, certain suspension items on some vehicles maybe prone to wear quicker, because of the dynamic requirements of that particular vehicle/model that requires stiff suspension, correct set up and wheel alignment.

if you have acted on our recommendations and the symptoms that you have experienced are still persistent, then your option maybe is to return the product to whom you originally purchased them from, with the evidence that you have regarding vehicle alignment set up figures and new suspension parts purchased and that all 4 tyres have been fitted and used without any improvement, that has eliminated any differences that could be between the mixed use of different manufacturers tyres.

Regards

Chris Baxter
Technical services Manager
Hankook Tyre UK Ltd

I've sent a couple of emails out so we'll see what's said - as I keep saying what's annoying to me is that no other set has felt like this, and I've had a couple of them now...

I presume I'll get nowhere, and if so then they'll be knocked off my list and I'll get some different ones.

late 2003 172cup
I would say be very carefull, it got to a point where I would floor it, let's off and it would sway all over the place. ( 300bhp turbo)
Saying my shocks must be dead already? Fine on michelins!!
Only done 4k on new rear shocks too

Yeah not sure how best to proceed, sent both Hankook and Camskill emails - wondering how I stand with Faulty goods under the Sales of Goods Act (and how you go about proving a tyre is faulty in the first place), or even with Distance Selling Regulations (interestingly 99% of the stuff in Camskills T&C is actually illegal, so this sounds like it could be fun if it comes down to this).

Will do some research over the weekend and see what I can come up with, either way I'm not happy, and need a backup plan if they refuse to do anything.

late 2003 172cup
Can we have more people come forward about bad hankook tyres. I think a few more emails will see us get something done.
Why should us as purchasers suffer loosing £300-£350? That's a lot of money for us but peanuts to a large tyre company!

late 2003 172cup
What car mate? If it's not a Clio they prob are ok on another car. But the stability of a Clio is really messed up.

Clio 182
I have the hankook v12 evo (not the "improved" evo 2) on at the moment and can't really fault them... They both get an A rating for wet grip and even read somewhere evo magazine gave these an amazing write up in the same tests as the michelin pilots!

I've not really drove the clio with the michelins yet so can't say personally.

You can pick the evo 2 version up for 59 a corner in 205/45/16