ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hankook RS2's as an everyday tyre

182 Cup
Hi Inferno and other hankook users.
I'm very tempted in ourchasing these for my 182 cup. They are $110AUD (54 pounds)
How are the tyres holding up. What sort of miles have you got out of them on road and track.
cheers

They're doing well! I think they're great to be honest! Give me a couple of days, I'll try to work out how many miles I've put on them as I didn't make a note of the mileage when they were fitted. I'll compare the tread depth to the rears that were fitted at the same time.

RSC 182 Cup
They're doing well! I think they're great to be honest! Give me a couple of days, I'll try to work out how many miles I've put on them as I didn't make a note of the mileage when they were fitted. I'll compare the tread depth to the rears that were fitted at the same time.

Thanks inferno that would be much appreciated. I purchased the car with bridgestone adrenaline re001 in feb this year with not much meat on them. I have yet to drive a 182 cup with PE2's. The is a massive difference in price. $300AUD odd compared to $110 for the RS2's

Cheers

RSC 182 Cup
I just found out that the Hankook RS-2 date of manufacture here in Sydney are March 2005! That sounds like very old tyres.

What is the shelf life of a tyre supposed to be?

Cheers

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Don't worry about the age as anything upto 10yrs is within guide lines.
The modern rubbers are not like the old ones;)

Digging this one up.

So how have these got on? How many miles you covered and how have you found them in the wet?

Cheers

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
I did 5,000 miles on road & 2 trackdays. Donington national & the GP.
Tyres were fine.
Only had one moment on wet roads but that was caused by a diesel spill.

Ask inferno as he's had his longer, my car was sold 2 months ago. The new owner thought it handled like it was on rails compared to others he had tried;)

172, Tiguan
I bought another set for the BMW and they've so far done 6k in 10 weeks without problem. I do have to slow down a bit when it rains hard on the m/ways though as they struggle. Dry day though. Epic. Love them. Pity they are becoming harder to get hold of and the 245/40/17's I need for the back are b******s to get hold of!!

172 Cup
I had them on my Cup before and had absolutely no problems with them. Lasted the same amount of mileage I had previously done with Toyos.

Cheers for the updates. In a possition where I need to but a new set. Do love the pe2's but these are cheaper. Hmm what to do.

Ph2 172 Track Toy
I have just bought some from mytyres

£10 more than camskill but at least they have stock!

Doing mallory park on sunday, hope they come on time!!