ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

hankook RS2's

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Anyone use them for day to day driving? How do they perform in the wet/dry and are they a good upgrade from Michelin Exalto's?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Brilliant in the dry, very good on track (not quite r888 levels). Fine in the wet, they do struggle with clearing standing water in comparison to Exalto's, F1's etc

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Brilliant in the dry, very good on track (not quite r888 levels). Fine in the wet, they do struggle with clearing standing water in comparison to Exalto's, F1's etc
Can I expect to be thrown accross the road or will it just require a bit more careful driving?

I dont really give it the big'un in the wet anyway but still make steady progress. Would you rate them over exalto's in the dry?

Stripped yozza'd cup
I really really rate these tyres, I have them on my brabus roadster. I find their wet weather grip to be exceptional, but I haven't used them on the Clio yet.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Can I expect to be thrown accross the road or will it just require a bit more careful driving?

I dont really give it the big'un in the wet anyway but still make steady progress. Would you rate them over exalto's in the dry?
I'd rate them over everything bar R888's in the dry. Perfectly useable in the wet, just be cautious in the heavy rain.

GB 182 FF
I ran them on my vx220, they were AWESOME when new, but once the fronts had about 9 months on them and had gotten cold they never came back to life, so were a little scary in the wet (not deadly, just had to drive with way more care).
I then put them on the front of my MK4 astra and once they got a load of heat in them and scrubbed the dead rubber off they were epic again, even in the wet.
Cracking tyre, and great wear given how grippy they are on track.

on a fwd car like a clio etc I'd say its a perfect all round tyre... but on a light MR car, NO unless you have an agressive geo setup to give harsh wear etc.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
cheers guys, worth a try, going for a set of fronts first as I still have plenty of life in the rear exalto's, but if the fronts impress I will burn the rears off and get some for them too

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
good choice these tyres. had them for couple of months before damaged one of them and had to run exalto's again. they certainly felt better in the dry. stiffer sidewall as well, really noticeable when off the rim

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
I'd rate them over everything bar R888's in the dry. Perfectly useable in the wet, just be cautious in the heavy rain.

They're not better than A048's! Fantastic tyre for the money, I didn't find them all that great in the wet (not compared to exaltos anyway) but they're damn good in the dry and don't wear badly at all. They don't suffer from heat too badly either, I could go for a about 20mins on track before they started to go off whereas I'd get about 6 laps with 888's!

BMW M6 & 172 Phase 1
I was looking for some very recently, and from pretty extensive phoning around, I couldn't find any in the UK until next season. This was on a 15" wheel though, so you might have more luck if they are for your Trophy.