ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hankook V12's - What does everyone think of them?

Not a 320d
Wondering if eveyone else had a similar opionion, as Im not sure what to get next. Not sure if I will have them on the car I get next either (Hopefully 1 Series Coupe) as I would prefer Pilots.

Ive had mine on for about 7-8 months now. They have worn really well, I think ive got a while with them yet maybe till spring time. They were cheap compared to the alternatives and bought them mainly based on Fred's reccomendation.

I think theyre fairly good in the dry, maybe not PE2 or PS2/3 standard. But they provide plenty of grip for my lowly 1.6 on coilovers, although they get a bit sloppy when they get very warm after some spirited driving. I remember a friend slating them for being hankooks thinking they would be s**t, but after a few drives out with them was impressed at the grip they gave.

In the wet I think they are pretty b****cks, push it a little and they dont grip. But thats ok as I dont really hammer it in the wet or greasy conditions lol.

God knows what theyre like in the snow, im sure ill find out soon enough. Last year I had the origional Pilot Primacy's on which I thought were made from stone and were very low on tread when the snow came. Im not epecting these to be any good in the snow.

Thoughts form experience from you guys???? Do I buy these again?

LY R26 #288
I hope their good I've got 4 in the shed that are being fitted this weekend :)

I've heard good things about them and some of the tyre tests on the web say their good.

I'm coming from kumhos so it will be interesting.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I've got them on mine. They came fitted. I've not had chance to push them too much but they seem ok. I agree with you about them in the wet though.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Mine have been superb since they have been on (9 months atleast). 2 trackdays and about 7000 miles and there still in good condition. Crap in the wet? You must be driving too quick as i think they are fine.

Not a 320d
Mine have been superb since they have been on (9 months atleast). 2 trackdays and about 7000 miles and there still in good condition. Crap in the wet? You must be driving too quick as i think they are fine.

im not lol. I dont expect dry performance from them in wet conditions but I find I can push them atall. Theyre pretty decent in the dry though. Very tempted to use them again as they arent too expensive.

Impreza Wagon
Great all round tyre for the money, I also went off recommendations from the forum and wasn't disappointed.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Uniroyal rainsport RS2 are a really good budget wet tyre.

Obviously nothing short of a proper race wet will perform like a normal dry road tyre in the dry does though.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I had these at first i hated them but after i was used to the softer sidewalls they were brilliant well worth the price and found them brilliant in the wet aswell.

Milltek'd clio 182
i like them, although i found them rather bouncy over bumps, felt as if i was on a tractor lol, other than that i rate them well in the dry and brilliant in the wet but thats my opinion

BMW 320d M-Sport
Had some on my 197 when I had it. They were very good I thought and lasted ages! Somewhat agree with wet weather use comments, but you should drive to the conditions obviously. Didn't notice that they were too bad in the wet in my opinion. Thinking of getting some for the current car when this set are up. Thoroughly recommended I would say, Camskill have good offers on them also.

PH1 172
Going to try these myself but the trouble is I am going from Eagle F1s to these as I can no longer get the F1s and they were brilliant in the wet so I will have to get used to the new grip levels :(

is1

Integra Type R DC2
The kumhos were s**te in the wet. I'm yet to have a tyre that is good in the wet.

Uniroyal Rainsport 2, Uniroyal Rainexpert or Michelin Pilot Sport 3 - visibility aside, I no longer really even consider rain an issue. With any of these, I drive pretty much the same in the rain as I do in the dry.
These tyres are my default choices for our family cars.

Not a 320d
I dont like the look of a PS3 but thats about it. I know theyre very good tyres. Really want Eagle F1 Aysemmtrics but they dont come in my size.

tiTTy & SV650
Nothing wrong with the Hankooks in the wet, I ran them on my 172 and have them on the TT and would recommend them to anyone, not sure about their RWD performance though. Previously I only ever fitted Michelin Exaltos.

LY R26 #288
Got mine fitted thismorning. So far so good. There not scrubbed in yet but seem to be fairly firm in the wet. :D

LY R26 #288
Went for a blast earlier. Roads were damp but I was very impressed by the grip. I'm well pleased.

I think the sidewalls might be quiet soft as the car wiggles a bit but I haven't messed with the pressures yet.

b/g 182, meg tourer
i love my hankooks. seem to be lasting well and are a really good all round tyre imo. they are not rubbish in the wet but they are by no means 'good wet tyres' i drive to the conditions and they are perfectly fine in the wet. and in the dry they are fantastic. great value for money and i will definatly buy them again next time.

I came from RS2's to the V12's and in all honesty I'll probably go back... Decent, but not so much better in the dry that it outweighs the wet performance of the uniroyals in my opinion...