ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hard Drive Failure!

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6/Ph1 v6/R34
Hard drive starts to spin up and then jumps, speeds up jumps etc etc.

200Gb's of stuff on there, anyone know of any good companies that deal with data recovery?

You got plenty of money for the recovery?

Hardware failures can cost a fortune to recover from..

Suzuki Ignis
Active Partion Recovery. Managed to get most of my stuff back when my hard drive packed up.
It not expensive to buy or you might be able to find it for free somewhere...;)

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Hard drive starts to spin up and then jumps, speeds up jumps etc etc.

200Gb's of stuff on there, anyone know of any good companies that deal with data recovery?

"stuff" = pr0n

Gutted for you mate.

Suzuki Ignis
how does that program work?

Badly, when it's a physical problem :p

It starts up though. Aslong as you havent been messing about with it, then it might be ok. Thats what mine was doing. Didnt get everything back but got quite alot.

Theres 'Active File Recovery' too which might come as part of the package, which is for recovering specific files.

I dont really know how you would do it though coz you would need another computer wouldnt you? Unless were talking about an external hard drive...

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
£6-700 upwards iirc

PMSL and the rest!

At my last company we sent a few off to get looked at, bill for £1500 per disk, and no data recovered as the heads had put grooves into the platters :p

+1

My boss had 2 drives go (luckily while I was in Australia) the same day - and no, he hadn't been backing up.

Drives went off for recovery and nothing came back. Utterly trashed.

Will let you know how it works , just put an old hd of mine in freezer! Works randomly but only for seconds sounds like this may help, got a crazy look though when putting it in freezer!

RB 182
Kroll Ontrack are the company you need, best in the business.

Some of the prices in the thread seem way off from my experience, all depends on the size of the hard drive though really and damage etc.

Does your computer see it at all before the problems happen?

Last edited: