ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Harneses... on standard seats..

Liquid yellow R26 F1

Was just wondering on the above... as i have a nice set of Sparco 3" harneses at home...

Anyone done it... and had any problems, etc..?

307 hdi (powered by derv)

i put harnesses in my old metro with standard seats. didnt look to bad and i felt alot safer.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

Say youve got harnesses fitted...

What stops the two shoulder straps (assuming youve got 4 points) slipping off of your shoulders and down the side of the seat? In bucket seats you get the guide holes at shoulder height to keep them in place...

you could put the 2 straps between the poles for the headrest?

all sounds good but you need to think of mounting them, are you keeping the back seats?

BMW 525d Sport

The look ok on std seats, just daft when ppl put std seatbelts on with buckets.

U coudl do with a quick release buckle if u aint gna remove teh rear seats. a few eyebolts into the same bolt holes as ur rear mounting points and its job done.

Liquid yellow R26 F1

Quote: Originally posted by docter fox on 08 June 2005

all sounds good but you need to think of mounting them, are you keeping the back seats?
Exactly.. I think this is a must do...:cool: Mounting should be easy on original eyelets..

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

Quote: Originally posted by James Bushell on 09 June 2005

Exactly.. I think this is a must do...:cool: Mounting should be easy on original eyelets..
If youve got them done up tight enough to be of any use...wouldnt the straps then make your neck red raw through rubbing?

almaghrbi

ClioSport Trader
  172 Cup

Quote: Originally posted by MarkCup on 09 June 2005

If youve got them done up tight enough to be of any use...wouldnt the straps then make your neck red raw through rubbing?

What you could do is to cross them when mounted in the back. Infact you should do that nevertheless

Quote: Originally posted by MarkCup on 09 June 2005

no

Liquid yellow R26 F1

Unfortunately bucktes arent an option at the mo.. well, i may try them and see how i get on... i can always remove them..