ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Harness mounting points

BMW 120D M Sport
Hello,

I’ve not properly looked into this yet but when i had a quick look at the car i was abit puzzled how to mount the harness spreader plates on the floor.

As for the crotch strap coming up from under the seat, How have people mounted the spreader plate as the floor looks double skinned.

On my old race car the floor was single skinned so simply drilled through and put the eyelet through the hole and screwed into the spreader plate underneath the car, On the clio i wont be able to get between the 2 skins in order to do this.

Any ideas? And photos of how you’ve done this would be much appreciated

thanks in advance

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
Mine are mounted thru the floor around about here. Spreader plate on the underside.
(not my photo, just stolen to mark up on)

1615566841229.png

BMW 120D M Sport
Mine are mounted thru the floor around about here. Spreader plate on the underside.
(not my photo, just stolen to mark up on)

View attachment 1526472

Im assuming thats the other harness mount on the exhaust tunnel?

I’ve just been wondering where to put that one as well, As if i go on the flat floor it sits behind the seat and not sure if that would meet the regs for racing

haimsey

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172
I used the lower seat belt point, then drilled through the exhaust tunnel for the centre one.
Don't have a crotch strap yet

Mertin

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172&Ph2 172 Cup
Schroth B2a eyelet on the lower seat belt mount on the outer

Inner, drill through the exhaust runnel and spreader plate underneath

Cant help with the crotch strap as just using 4 point

BMW 120D M Sport
ADCC98D2-481D-4254-A21E-3CB71E5D1ED6.jpeg

I was going to mount the side strap here, Ended up putting it behind though where that bolt holding the cage down is.

Im just not sure if its strictly allowed when racing, I don’t know if the harness have to come out the seat and straight back?

Bit hard to explain, I’ll try get a photo of what i mean tomorrow