ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Has anybody ever bought a lens from Hongkong on Ebay?

Cupra
They have some pretty good prices. Has anybody here had any experience of using one of the shops?

The big question is did you have to pay import tax or did you get away with it? :D

Cupra
Same price, just without a "free" UV filter. The only problem is that I need it to be shipped to Holland and not the UK.

It is only 50 Euros more than a second hand one which is why I was looking.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
You pay no tax if the sender sends it as a 'gift'...but it depends on how they work!

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  MB EQC
I bought 3 from T'ebay, saving £100's

They're all perfect and the ebayer's advert said he'd pay any tax if you were charged it, looking in his feedback he had lived up to his word and paid tax on any that were charged, mine came through no problems though. (labelled as test sample)

got them from this geezer :

http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/chizzydirect

Cupra
Might get it shipped to my parents in the UK from one of the sellers that guarantee no tax. The dutch sites are filled with stories of people who have been shafted by customs.