ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

has anyone else seen these...

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
You ever seen one of these?

1626729148128.png

I can't believe the size of it!

Clio 172 2003
sorry lads,dont be arseee,ive been away working,kept my clio in storage(sort of),i just dont realise how things have changed,im blown away by prices,i bought my late,03 172 in 2016 for £1050,it was a fair price then,please dont be cocky lads,im only asking,ps like the cow....

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
But the ones you have listed are trophies, low mileage ones at that. They have always been collectible and the market on all niche cars has shot up. A basic decent 1*2 is going to cost £3k now. That’s still cheap money, but there is no doubt the market has shot up. When you bought your car they were at their lowest value. 5 years on and the market has changed. Unsurprisingly

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
sorry lads,dont be arseee,ive been away working,kept my clio in storage(sort of),i just dont realise how things have changed,im blown away by prices,i bought my late,03 172 in 2016 for £1050,it was a fair price then,please dont be cocky lads,im only asking,ps like the cow....
Sorry just messing about.

The second hand car market has gone mental, pretty much everything has doubled in price even at the lower end, £500 bangers in decent nick with mot are now pretty much a grand, anything old and fast is going up in value at a much faster rate.

Even the scrap man is paying me £400 for my E46, that's pretty much what I was advertising it for with 7 months mot left.

Clio 172 2003
cheers lads,looks like i have made a good investment,(i did not mean it),just making enquires,thanks lads,x.

Clio 172 2003

The second hand car market has gone mental, pretty much everything has doubled in price even at the lower end, £500 bangers in decent nick with mot are now pretty much a grand, anything old and fast is going up in value at a much faster rate.

Even the scrap man is paying me £400 for my E46, that's pretty much what I was advertising it for with 7 months mot left.
good call,i didnt realise how much you can get for end of life,i know china pay,but thought it had dropped,etc...

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Somethings have changed some have stayed the same.

They still need the belts doing by a competent garage, given the age/miles people will be wanting to see evidence of dephaser/waterpump job as well.
Gearboxes all still leak, injectors and lambdas still fail. If the car sounds like it's cammed it's usually not cammed.

Reactions: MLB
  Clio 172 2003
thanks lads,thanks to you all,i just needed to know what the status is these days,of these little rs clios,mines been stood a while,but its still ok, a good clean and a brake refurb and i have something,i have worked abroad for a while,the car is dry inside(miracle),ill post a pic,but its from the add when i bought it,thanks lads.x.Clio 172 RS (1).JPG

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

I think there's also an extra layer to that with some cars.

It seems these days that either a 1.5 or 1.6 turbo sits in a multitude of cars as the default type of engine. With the RS Clios, they came out the back-end of the era where turbos were deemed to be a swear word and in turn, dialled up the performance of a 2.0litre unit. Now a 2.0litre (no-force fed) engine is itself offensive - a polluting, vulgar unit which is even more unusual being shoe-horned into the small package that the Clio represents.

Money in hand and walking into any dealership these days, I just don't think you can buy anything remotely similar - even if faster, more capable small cars are available. What we currently have in the RS Clios is unlikely to be ever made again.