ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

has anyone ever done a 1.2T?

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
wouldnt of thought it would of been worth the cost for the benefits . you thinkin of doin it ?

LY R27
it has been done and there was one for sale on piston heads a while back. tbh imo it would be waste of money as it will not give you many gains. you would be throwing money down the drain.

nto enough low down torgue for it to be worth the hassel, even for a laugh.

if you have seen clarksons tuning piss take from his video where he attaches a huge turbo to a s**t car, it would be like that.

Evo 6, E92 320d
nto enough low down torgue for it to be worth the hassel, even for a laugh.

if you have seen clarksons tuning piss take from his video where he attaches a huge turbo to a s**t car, it would be like that.

Was a turbo from a mg zr i think, stuck on a rover hatchback . KABOOM lol

Ph1 172 + Combo van
its not worth it atall put the money towards a bigger better engine then stick a turbo on it

yeh mate if u were gonna spend a few thou doing it proper and uprating everythin you would be better just spending an extra 500-1000 and sticking a 2 litre lump in aswell. its fair enough peopkl saying be different and do it for your self but looking back you would wish that you put it on a 2 litre.

Clio 1.2 Dynamique 05
yeah, but i was kindof thinking buying the supercharger and that would be it, just for a smallish gain. I do want to put a 2litre lump in, just not yet while the cars still got a years waranty.

ITB'd MK1
Renault do a 1.2 turbo in the twingo

same engine with a turbo strapped on lol. I think if you did it right it would be rockin'. 1 litre engines were making 100bhp on turbos nearly 20 years ago, a 1.2 16v should be able to achieve 150 usable bhp if you do it right (lots more with enough time, money and development)

LY 182
i think it would be fantastic.
i wish i'd kept my old 1.2 engine i'd have had a go with an eaton supercharger from a cooper s.

small forced induction engines are the way forward imo especially if you put it in a stripped mk1 shell something light

Golf TDI
are you good with mechanics though because how much would a garage charge to fit a cooper charger ?!!

LY 182
are you good with mechanics though because how much would a garage charge to fit a cooper charger ?!!
well danny works at gdi and im a mechanic aswell.. its one of those things that wouldnt be worth doing money wise unless you were doing it yourself..

a garage wouldnt take it on... a tuner might but expect massive bills

mk4 golf gttdi180
i wish i'd kept my old 1.2 engine i'd have had a go with an eaton supercharger from a cooper s.

small forced induction engines are the way forward imo especially if you put it in a stripped mk1 shell something light

correct matey look at the starlet turbos

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
like ditz says it can be done.
cheapish too.....
after iv done my clio im going to get a fiat cinq for a project!
not the 1.2 either!
the 900cc! lol
might not last long but it will be a right laugh!
im going to strip(correction)cut out weight not needed!
bike carbs/fab up an inlet manifold!
drill holes in flywheel.
itl work!
i had one before took it to a cliosport airfield meet and belive me i never came last!
even when i went round 5up!lol great fun

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd

correct matey look at the starlet turbos

starlet turbos can be very rapid!!!!!be warned:eek:
one pissed past me at a meet before:eek: 1.3 8v! vs 2.0 16v 172turbo:S