ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Has anyone found the solution?

Clio 182
Hi all,

Ive been reading here for a while. Searching and going through and although many people have this problem, no one has posted a definite answer.

Ive got the low rev cough/misfire. Only underload, only sometimes, sometimes a lot sometimes not at all. Always between 2-3k. Once you pass it the engine runs fine and pulls great.

Ive heard lambda sensor, maf sensor but has anyone find the definitive answer, I know a lot of people have this problem.
Ive had a code read twice by two different people. Also have an EML on , but this I think is due to no cat. Which is a recent change, the miss has always been there.

Passat 170 DSG Wagon
I'm now in the same boat as of 20 minutes ago. Sounds like a boxer engine and then cut out. Any ideas?

Passat 170 DSG Wagon
Best way to test the injectors gents? Just unplug one and replug to see if the problems worsens or stays the same?

53 Clio's & counting
It's a way of testing if one has failed mate, though one could be failing, so it's not a 100% fool proof test

Passat 170 DSG Wagon
Cheers russ I'll give that a go. This cup is turning into a little b*****d quite quickly. Hopefully once all the niggles are sorted I'll be good to go. What's the rough cost of an injector?

Clio 182
No. It's not cutting out and it sounds no different. It's just the one or two coughs on the way round the rev counter.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
pre-cat lambda sensor mate, had exactly the same issue, then after 3k rpm it takes off

53 Clio's & counting
Cheers russ I'll give that a go. This cup is turning into a little b*****d quite quickly. Hopefully once all the niggles are sorted I'll be good to go. What's the rough cost of an injector?

They are usually very reliable mate, so id buy a used set off here