ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

has anyone got the carbon k-tec splitter

An orange one

my 172 cup didnt come with the plastic front splitter when i bought it...just noticed k-tec do a carbon one is it a proper copy of the original renault part?

and does anyone actually have one?

Go back to the dealer and get one!

Otherwise there a couple of chaps on here that sell em slightly cheaper. Im sure there be along any second. Else check the for sale forums. :D

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

ColinG- As far as i was aware the front spliter comes as standard on the cups!! Id go back to your dealer because to buy them from new is about £80 i think.
Other renault dealers just leave them on your back seat.

An orange one

i bought the car from an independant dealer 3 weeks ago and didnt know they were meant to have one...so do you think i can blag one on renault warranty?! they might turn around and say ive caught it and broke it off etc?!

Ktec splitter looks good and may be a bit more durable than the genuine one. I have broken mine by hitting a brick left in the road, but when I was removing the bits, I could not believe how brittle the plastic was. I literally snapped it to bits in my hands with very little effort.

Also cant believe how expensive they are. I bought a Seat Ibiza one a couple of years ago which was much better quality flexible plastic, two interlocking pieces, much bigger, more detailed and only £30.

133/225/CLS AMG

I was thinking of getting one of these or a Renault cup one for my 172.

Are they easily fitted???

Renault Laguna Coupe

they just screw underneath the front of the car - its made of plastic so its pretty easy. Just drill 6 holes in the splitter, then tape it to the car and fix it with self-tappers (supplied by k-tec). Easier if you can jack the front of the car up.

I have the carbon K-Tec splitter fitted to my artic blue 182 and it looks awesome in my opinion. Also far more durable than the standard plastic one, which shattered when decapitating a rabbit only a week after getting my car! Only tricky bit i found was drilling the carbon splitter but fitting it on was pretty simple! Service from K-Tec was seriously quick too and I didnt have to put up with a weedy looking front end for long. Its amazing how puny the front end looks without the splitter!

An orange one

that looks awesome on that red one..yeah the front looks crap without it!! does anyone sell a replica cup rear spoiler in carbon? i think my turinis might have to be coated anthracite to match now hehe