ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Has anyone's keyfob stopped working? Solution here.

Clio 1.2 Grande (2001)
Ages ago my keyfob stopped working. The click had gone from the button and changing the battery didn't help. The spare had the same problem when I bought it but I didn't think much of it. No biggie. I just used to lock the car on the dash board button then lock the drivers door with the key.

Well as I'm selling the car I decided to investigate the keyfob to see if I could botch it (if only to work for a week or 2 while I sold it).

Turns out those crazy French B#stards have been at it again. Inside the keyfob there is a little pcb and soldered onto it is a little microswitch that activates the remote locking. There is no mount or glue or anything, just the solder holding it on. So obviously after a lot of use it had snapped off. All it took was a tiny bit of new solder on both it's legs to hold it back in place and hey presto. 2 working keyfobs again :cool:

Just be careful when you take the fob apart because these switches are bloody tiny and very easy to lose.

Hope this helps someone out.

Just a hint as well: try and use a solder station or an adjustable heat iron, as some soldering irons will simply melt the copper tracks off the board and give you another nightmare!

-KarL-

ClioSport Club Member
Sometime the immobilaiser signal stops working thst is the most common problem. Which needs a new key.