ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Has my solenoid gone (boot)

172 cup
yup thats the part you need, try posting in the wanted section as loads of guys might have them cheaper, i got mine for £12 so under £15 seems right tbh

Megane 225 f1
Mine packed up a few months ago. Turns out it was a tiny piece of plastic had broken off and had jammed up the mech. Cleaned it out regreased the mech and it worked. Been working fine ever since

James363

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup
I have a solenoid if you want it, everything including button. I bought it off ebay for my old clio for £25, so if you want it, let me know a price you are willing to pay. In order to get to it, you need to uncrew the trim inside the bootlid (torx bolts iirc) and a few clips that pop off. You can then see the solenoid, and how it would work to open/close the boot. If you want to open the boot, the best way is to put the back seats down, and crawl into the boot with a screwdriver, and there's a little clip you push up and that opens the boot. You can also use your car key if you want, but I wouldn't recommend it...