ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio MK3 Boot Stuck Shut :(

phase 2 172
Hi All,

After my issues with the rear fog light, i now have problems with the boot not opening!! This has not worked since i got the car, but we assumed it would be the switch or the lock mechanism but we have tried both. Can anyone help please? Below is everything we have tried so far
frown.gif

The lock mechanism motor works fine, 12v run to it it operates.
Boot switch removed/cleaned and checked working 100% ( we have also tried shorting the plug to eliminate this)

The connector which attaches to the lock mechanism has 4 white wires. We have put colours on the picture below, the 2 black are earth. The red is a constant live and if any buttons are pushed for the central locking or the boot switch, they do not make a difference it says live. The 3rd ( unmarked) does not do anything it never goes live. We are assuming this should go live to power the motor, as it matches with the tracks within the latch which attach to the motor and the other live is for the central locking, but is the central locking live meant to stay live??

https://ibb.co/gsv6nn - Picture of connector

I have also checked the wiring which goes from the car body to the tailgate, cannot see any evidence of broken wires.

Any help will be greatly appreciated people! This car seems a bad one now to be honest!..