ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Has your clio got a name?

Mines called Pinchy
s01.jpg

Goliath I
Ive not named my car as in an affectionate way, in which each time I massaging down its delicate body with soapy suds and a soft sponge while whispering sweet nothings into its cute little pointy mirrors....

but if I am talking about my car to anyone I usually refer to it as 'the cup'

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
It's French, and its numberplate is BB973X, so I guess I ought to call it BB.

You probably have to be French and a lot older than most of you guys to know who the hell I'm talking about. I'll give you a hint. She's called BB in France. She popularised the bikini, she made a lot of films, she became known as an animal activist, and of late she's been convicted a number of times for inciting racial hatred.

But no, its a car. Cars are just things. Every thing should be given the appropriate sort of respect. People have feelings. You respect that. Animals are people too, just (mostly) dumber and with bigger claws and sharper teeth. You respect that. Cars are just mechanisms. You treat them with the appropriate sort of respect, and don't abuse them. But you don't give them names.

Astra van,Mk1 nova
It's French, and its numberplate is BB973X, so I guess I ought to call it BB.

You probably have to be French and a lot older than most of you guys to know who the hell I'm talking about. I'll give you a hint. She's called BB in France. She popularised the bikini, she made a lot of films, she became known as an animal activist, and of late she's been convicted a number of times for inciting racial hatred.

But no, its a car. Cars are just things. Every thing should be given the appropriate sort of respect. People have feelings. You respect that. Animals are people too, just (mostly) dumber and with bigger claws and sharper teeth. You respect that. Cars are just mechanisms. You treat them with the appropriate sort of respect, and don't abuse them. But you don't give them names.

Brigitte Bardot by any chance :rasp:

Ive always named my cars and so does the g/f, theres nothing wrong with it really:cool:

Mk1 Eunos Roadster
^Just a bit of fun, that's all. And cars that can be as temperamental as Clios have a bit of character in them, so I don't think it's completely stupid. Only a little bit stupid lol. I wouldn't name an Audi if I had one, cos they've got no character. It'd feel wrong. I suppose some people are gonna say that any sane person would think that naming any car felt wrong, but hey, that makes me just another nutter in the madhouse.

clio 16v
I had no choice in the matter, mates named mine mona,

number plate in M*** ONA fits the car perfectly as it keeps braking............. and i keep moaning about it bit I'd never get rid

keep the faith!!

MK3 D.Sport, 2.0 HDI Van
still thinkin, but my bike is called fred the firry red, normally because its back firing on me, lol eh i think ill call the car gonzo

Iceberg 172
No, and I'd agree that calling your car 'he' or 'she' marks you out as being a spark short of a four-stroke......

Having said that, my Alfa gets referred to as 'Alfie' when I talk about it to my 4 year old daughter (she loves him......errr... IT) and our previous Zafira was known as the Battle Bus especially when crammed with the lads on a footballing mission....... :S

Shed.
Lol, battle bus is quality. Its when people start calling their car he or she, or giving it a name like elana or kirsty, that they need to be locked up and put on horse tranq's.